Deleting objects hich are not on the license

I got a customer with a NAV 2013R2, he has got some objects in which are within range of 6072563-6072567, but now i need to delete them, but my developer license are not cable of deleting them. (The records are empty in SQ)

I get the following error but on over 100 objects:

7534.NAV.png

I have searched the web for days to find an answer, but the only thing, I have found is to delete the objects in SQL, but have of a lot of answers tells me that deleting through SQL is a very stupid to do it.

Have anybody got a solution for this? or maybe a “safe” way to deleting the objects in SQL (I have tried some of the reports on the web saying the can make an SQL script for deleting the tables witch is out of license range (it returns an empty script)).

Thanks for your time.

Sander

As you know, then the right way to delete them is by using a license with permission. Have you tried the customers own license? If it’s in his license, then he should be able to removed them.

Otherwise, then non-table objects can rather easily be deleted via the Object table in SQL. But it’s not something I would ever do in a live/production environment.

I agreed that the customer should be able to delete it, but he doesn’t, I don’t know if it is poor design form the developers but I can not get a license that is able to remove the objects.

I have created a local environment for testing and development, but I thought that there would/should be another way.

There might be another way.

Check this blog post.

That trick have I tried earlier, unfortunately it did not have a great result, for several reasons

1. I cannot create object outside my license range (full developer, customer license)
  2. Even if I create object and export them and then change the ID (edit as both .FOB and .TXT), when I am importing them I get the error “The object name already exists”, so the result is not as great. (Tried with both customer and developer license)

But I thought it was an excellent experiment when i tried it [:)]

Hi Lars,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

HI Erik,

I ended up writing a SQL Statement which delete the objects (and tables) from the sql database.

It fixed my problem but it is not a solution that I would recommend, because it is almost impossible to see through the consequences, but it is a last resort

The way I have used to remove (and even edit) protected objects, have also been to change the “object id” in the SQL object table to a number I have permissions to. And then into the designer and delete them.

That sounds like a great idea, I will keep that in mind if I ever find myself in a position like that again