Debugging issue on AX 2012R2

Dear All,

I am having the following issue with debugging.

When I am trying to open the debugger window it is giving a error message saying that ‘The X++ debugger work only for users who are in the ‘Microsoft Dynamics AX Debugging Users’ local group of the Windows.’

I have created a new configuration, enabled the checkbox for X++ debugging too. Also I have selected the debug mode to ‘When Breakpoint’ under Tools>Options>Development and also unchecked the Execute in CIL checkbox, Still the issue remained unsolved.

I searched and found out that I have to add my AOS Service Account under the Local Users and Groups inside the ‘Computer Management’. But inside the same I can not find anything like ‘Local Users and Groups’.

How do I solve this issue. Pls help.!

Thanks,

Preeti

Hi,

Please check whether you have full permissions in AX 2012. And if issue still persis try to reInstall the debugger.

Thanks,

Vishal

Hi Vishal,

I have done login through Admin. Still facing the problem.

Please go thorugh this location :

To access the local group policy

1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
  2. In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
  3. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Local Security Policy.
  4. In the Local Security Settings window, expand the Local Policies folder.
  5. Click User Rights Assignment.
  6. In the Policy column, double-click Debug programs to view current local group policy assignments in the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box.
  7. To add new users, click the Add User or Group button.

Thanks for replying dear,

I followed your steps and there it is written Administrators inside the Local Security Settings. It means this user (the administrators) is already added in the group. I have checked AOS service account. It is Administrators too.

Now which user do I need to add or should a new one be created.?

Try to open ur AX 2012 Appl with administrative rights, i mean to say right click and open as admin.

Hi Preeti,

It is not your ‘AOS service account’.

It is your AX user account that you have to add.

Thanks Harish,

But this is what I have been referring to. Its from MSDN.

Thanks Harish,

But this is what I have been referring to. Its from MSDN.

In the following sections, you determine which AOS service account to debug the RDP class in and add the account to the Microsoft Dynamics AX Debugging Users group. You create a server configuration with debug enabled and then you can add breakpoints in your code.

To determine the AOS service account

1. From the Start menu, point to All Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.

2. In Services, right-click the Microsoft Dynamics AX Object Server service and then click Properties.

3. In the Properties window, on the Log On tab, the AOS service account is specified in the This account field.

To add the AOS service account to the debug group

1. From the Start menu, point to All Programs, click Administrative Tools, click Computer Management, and then click Local Users and Groups.

2. In Local Users and Groups, double-click Groups, right-click Microsoft Dynamics AX Debugging Users and click Add to Group.

3. In the Properties window, click Add and add the AOS service account to the group.

4. Restart the machine.

Now how do I add the AX User Account and where exactly.Please help me out with this as I am stuck with this issue for so long now.

Thanks

Any help with the issue that how to i add my user account to Microsoft Dynamics AX Debugging Users?

:slight_smile:

HI Preeti,

you resolved this issue…

http://dynamicsaxaptablog.blogspot.dk/2015/11/debbuger-is-coming-blank-or-its-showing.html