Debit note to Vendor for reduction of item cost.

Hi All,

I need to raise a debit note to a vendor against a purchase invoice which only involves the reduction in the price of item in that invoice…Is there any Provision for that in Ax ,Please help me out of this.

Urgent help required…

Thanks…

Hi,

Seems like the price was entered wrong during PO invoicing? If that is so, i can suggest two options:

1. Reverse the entries using credit note functionality (which in practical is debit note). This way the complete PO effect will be reversed and you can invoice new PO with updated price.

2. Use adjustment feature available in inventory closing. Item cost price will be updated and system posts adjustment journal.

Pranav…

Thanks Pranav…

Is there any other alternative? as reverse entries lot of items are in this PO. only one item cost was changed. I need to adjust 1 item cost only…

Is there any other option to solve this issue?

Many thanks for your suggestion…

Regards,

Mohammed

Hi,

At this point, i am not sure whether i can suggest any other workaround. Have you tried the adjustment feature. I think that should work in your case.

Pranav…

On the original PO enter a negative line to return the stock at full price, then a positive to book it back in at the correct price. The net difference is a credit note, but if you have used the stock you have nothing to return which causes an issue :slight_smile:

In that case , how to correct ?

Revalue the stock and raise a financial credit not to reflect the lowered liability to the vendor.