Debit Note concept

Hi can anybody explain me the how to enter a debit note in Navaision 3.6V. We r generally using Invoice as debit note through journal entry, but no supportive document we r getting which is supposed to send to customer/vendor.

either Use the Standard Sales Inovice, maybe you also want to show the Posting No.Serie field on the Invoice so the user can choose if the registration is a INVOICE,DEBITNOTE… Then you can base the Printout on the No. Serie field… That is a cheap solution :slight_smile: Option 2 is to make like a document report based on the posted Cuatomer Ledger Entry… And print that as the debit note document…’

Even if I (now) live in the US, I have STILL not heard a good explanation on the difference between an Invoice or a Debit Note. I have once, seen a customer, that had a new document type created - waste of money if you ask me - and we kept having issues on forms (statistics) reports and other places where the developer didn’t add support for the new Document Type. And Johan - if you want to swich between two number series, hit Shift+F2 on the No. field (Assist edit), that way you can choose what Number Series to use. [;)] Also I would proberly rather use “Reason Code” to seperate an Invoice from a Debit Memo - if you absolutely have to. [V] But so far, I have been sucessfull in arguing my case, for not having to create a Debit Memo. Annother field you might want to bring up on the Invoice Screen would be “Posting Description” - it defaults to Invoice 1234 (“Document Type” + “No.”) - The user can overwrite this, with a more descriptive description i.e. “Bounced Check Fee” or whatever one would like.

Annother way you might be able to diferenciate, would be the Orders have a “Order No.” populated, Invoices aka. Debits do not.

Uma, You can make use of standard sales invoice with a different no. series for debit note as well add a field in header i.e. debit note (Yes/No). This will be useful while making sales register report. Regards, Rajesh

Thanks to all for the solution. Right now we r using the same concept what u ppl mentioned above. I just want to know if any other solution (i mean customisation other than Invoice) is there or not. Thanks once again

“And Johan - if you want to swich between two number series, hit Shift+F2 on the No. field (Assist edit), that way you can choose what Number Series to use.” - FYI, I was trying to explain how to change the No. Serie beeing used when posting the Document, hitting that will just change the No on the document youre about to create wont it…normally you dont want the debit notes to have the same numners as the invoices. A Debit not is when you bill a customer something that is not inline with your normal invoicing, for example: You are runing a business based on Contracts, 99 % of your invoices are contract invoices, then if you want to do exception invoice or “debit your customer” outside of the normal business invoicing you call that debit note. - Atleast thats what i have undersod;)

quote:

Originally posted by JoE
A Debit not is when you bill a customer something that is not inline with your normal invoicing, for example: You are runing a business based on Contracts, 99 % of your invoices are contract invoices, then if you want to do exception invoice or “debit your customer” outside of the normal business invoicing you call that debit note. - Atleast thats what i have undersod;)

Hmm - Thank you for the explanation - I know what you are saying. But I do not agree with the concept. Especially not in connection with Attain :smiley: