Date Format in Navision C\Side 3.7 database

Hi

I have an application called CorVu that is a qry/report writing software. I have connected it to a Navision C\Side 3.7 database with no problems. The problem I’m having is that when I bring back a date field the column is empty. I need to find out what format the data is stored as so that I can tell CorVu how to interperate and then display to me in a format that is useful. I set CorVu to show me the data in the field as is, but it returns me ‘i-e295’ which means it doesnt understand the format.

Can anyone tell me what it is stored as so I can do some more testing?

Many thanks

Craig

How do you access Navision, OBDC or C/FRONT ?

Hi

I access it via my products front end CorVu, which uses C\ODBC. So yes it is via C\ODBC

Thanks for you reply!

Craig

From NOBDC manual:

DATE Enter a date in this format: {d ‘yyyy-mm-dd’} where y=year (1752-

9999), m=month (01-12) and d=day (01-31).

Note that if you have closing date support, you must use the

timestamp format described on page 23.

TIME Enter a time in this format: {t ‘hh:mm:ss’} where h=hour, m=minute

and s=second.

DATETIME Use this data type to store timestamps in this format: {ts ‘yyyy-mmdd

hh:mm:ss’} where y=year, m=month, d=day, h=hour, m=minute

and s=second. The timestamp is always shown in local time.

DATETIME is always stored in the same format regardless of

closing date support.

Hi

Many thanks for your quick reply! I will try these settings and let you know!

Cheers

Craig

Hi

Unfortunatley I still cant get it to work! I have tried these settings and it doesnt seem to want to show me the results. I there any other advice anyone can give me?

Many thanks

Craig

What date format is your system expecting?

Have you tried to use (say) excel to extract the data, ans see if that works.

Hi Craig,

The problem here, as I understand it, is that CorVu doesn’t understand the format/value returned by the ODBC-call?

Date-field retrieved through 2.60-ODBC returned following value to Excel…

00-01-1900 00:00

My guess is that You have to add some code to CorVu, to be able to interpret this.

Hi All

Thanks for your quick replies. I have now since forund out that the column ‘Date Filter’ is a summerisation of a period between 010106…010107 and thus corvu couldnt interperate it. So I have now found the raw format of the date column and I can now read the date column and recreate it by summerising the data in another column.

Cheers all

Craig

Date filter it’s different from a normal date. Normally It’s used in calc formulas in flowfields.