Data Migration tool for Open Sales / Purchase Orders

Hi All,

Is it possible to use data migration tool to import I:e: open sales Orders from old to new system?

Not like in Master Data (Customer/Vendor etc…) Sales Order involves 2 table - Header / Line.

So is it a good practice to import them seperately using Data migration tool?

Can we also use Data migration tool for Opening Balance Transfers?

Thanks!

Hi Ilak,

Have you already taken a look at the standard Data Migration tool in Navision? (What version are you using?=

Hi Erik,

Yes i had a look at the Standard migration tool.

I’m using NAV 2009 classic.

Anybody else is having a answer for me? would be highly appreciated…

Valid for 2009 SP1 and I recommend to update at least Data Migration to this level since the support for you scenario has improved. It is only recommended to migrate unprocessed Sales Orders, i.e. no shipments etc. First make sure that all upstream data is in place, e.g. Customers, Items, Chart of Accounts is in place. Temporary define a manual No. Series for Sales Orders. Then it is time to migrated Sales Header, table 36, at least include Document Type (Order), Sell-to Customer No., No. (Document No.), Posting Date and Document Date. This will give the same result as entering these values manually, so all related data will be defaulted and it is only if the migrated data differs from the default data that it is required to include more Migration Fields, this is valid for all migration. Next step is to migrate Sales Lines, table 37, and at least include Document Type, Sell-to Customer No., Document No., Line No. (Unique per line in each order), Type (e.g. Item, G/L Account), No., Description, Quantity and Unit Price. To make the migration easier it is recommended to validate the default data that will be added by creating some sample sales order in the test database.

Thanks a million akerblom [:D]