Data Exchange Framework - negative sign identifier

Hi!Can somebody explain to me with an example how negative sign identifier works? I have 2 columns (one note transanction mark and other transanction amount) I need to map with one column in NAV (transanction amount)?

Hi Milek,
You use it to reverse/negate the amount.
So if you know the amount should always be negated (i.e. debit to credit), then you use this property. And example would be that your import file contains a discount field with the value as “1000”, but you need to import as “-1000”.

Hi Erik.The amount should be negated depending on transanction mark in other column…but It worked after I mapped these fields to the same target field.

If you have another column telling you if it is negative or positive, then you should not use the “Negative Sign Identifier”. Here you would need functionality either in the supporting mapping codeunits or the actual table.

Supporting codeunits like Data Handling or Pre-mapping CU?I admit I haven’t used them for importing .txt file…This is another question but can they be used when importing .txt file with more lines (i.e. header and two detail lines)?i have found tutorial for import XML file but non for .txt file

Well it really depends what you are importing and to where. If you are “just” importing your files into a table (i.e. buffer table) and then later has a job that “handles” the imports, then you may not need it. But if what you’re working on a more advanced import, eventually using table 1214 Intermediate Data Import then you may want to use a pre-mapping cu.
The text file works basically as the XML, check out the examples in Cronus. Try it. That’s how I learned about it. [:)]

I will,thank you :slight_smile: