Data Exchange Definitions - Payment Export in either a fixed or variable text format

Hi All,

I am new to business central and Nav and trying to create a Payment Export file in either a fixed or variable text file type.

I am not using any Bank Conversion services as my client does not want to sign up for any of them.

I cannot find any step by step instructions on how to do this, can anyone advise me if there is anywhere where I can get some step by step instructions on this.

Thanks

S

You’re right. It’s not really documented very well. There are no step by step instructions for this. They created this functionality together with NAV 2013 R2, and then release of Dynamics C5 2014, which is a scaled down (license-wise) version of NAV sold only in the Danish market.

Here it was a requirements to have support for most major Danish banks. So the Danish version contains all the data exchange definitions that we need. I guess Microsoft figured out that it is a huge task to main the formats for all countries, so instead of doing it in more countries, then they created a bank conversion integration instead. [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

So you could try to install a demo version of the Danish NAV/BC, and see examples on how it is done here.

But the functionality heavily relies on the Document Exchange Framework. So I can suggest you to check out this blog post/video, by my friend [mention:77aba3848bd146b7abeb5e255f52346c:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]:

http://www.dynamics.is/?p=

I just want to confirm Eriks suggestion. I have a Danish Customer that needed to have a foreign bank format supported. What I did was creating a new format using the Data Exchange Framework - It took me a few hours to do.

Thank you both for your responses, I installed the Danish version but it only has an example of a Payment export file using Bank Conversion Services, I tried to set up a new one in the Danish container but was hitting the same problem. i also checked Gunnar’s powerpoint slides but am still confused, I probably need to try and see if I can get Gunnar’s powerpoint as a video and see if that makes anything clearer. Anyway thanks again for your quick responses.