Creating a Pick List from a Production Order

Hi,

I am a relative NAV newbie but have been tasked with finding a way of creating Picking Lists as the way we currently pick items is not efficient at all we currently use a Quantity Explosion of the BOM which as I’m sure you already know lists everything right down to the raw material.

Is there a way to create a list of items contained within a production order to pick from?

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi,

As far as i know the raw materials are automatically picked when you post the consumption journal for that particular item.

and finished goods are automatically placed when you post output journals… there is no separate pick list required for this.

but if you still want a pick list for the production order for a specific day or week or month you need to customize this functionality…

Anil.

OK, thanks for your help.

Is there a way to get away from using a Quantity Explosion of the BOM which has TOO much information for our stores department using these is creating issues for us as reading from so many lines mistakes are inevitably made.

Adam

BOM needs to be exploded… however you can customize automatic explosion if you want…

Anil.

I suspect you can already anticipate my next question then…

Could you point me in the direction on how to do that?!

where do you want to explode the BOM purchase order or Sales order…?

in production order Production BOM is automatically exploded in to components…!

Let me know if i am clear…

Anil.