Create PO without quantity

Hi,

i created a service item and i attached it to an item module group that is none stocked item.

am trying to create a PO with no quantity for this service, i can confirm the PO but i can’t invoice it when quantity is zero.

basically its a service and it doesn’t have a stock nor quantity, just a service that i would invoice partially based on unmeasured deliverables.

so is there any setting or parameter that is incharge of posting invoice without quantity ?

or is there any alternative solution?

AX 2012 R3

regards

You have received the service, so set the quantity to 1 and define the value you want invoiced. It will not create stock as it is a service non-stocked item.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but i didn’t receive the service nor i want to receive it, i want to create a normal PO, i don’t want to add any quantity, so the net amount i will key in like 1000USD, and then i want to create a partial invoice with 200USD, then 300USD and then close it with 500USD.

can we do that? or quantity is mandatory always even if it’s a serivce and none stock?

regards

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but i didn’t receive the service nor i want to receive it, i want to create a normal PO, i don’t want to add any quantity, so the net amount i will key in like 1000USD, and then i want to create a partial invoice with 200USD, then 300USD and then close it with 500USD.

can we do that? or quantity is mandatory always even if it’s a service and none stock?

regards

Hi,

As Adam stated you need to enter a quantity. If you want to recieve partial invoices you can create a PO line with quantity 1 net amount 200$, another line quantity one net amount 300$ and a third line with a net amount of 500$. Then receive line per line and invoice line per line.

Kind regards,

Quantity is mandatory.

I would suggest you load a quantity of 1, this will give you your $1000 and then you process invoices against the order and then close the order short. You will need to test the impact of the quantity 1 approach in this scenario however.