costing methods of item

hi forum…

m not able to understand the difference between the costs of an item…when i see the item list then there are fields like cost amount(expected),cost amount(actual),cost amount(invtble),cost posted to g/l…so can u explain the significance of each field…with an example…ur reply wuld be appreciable…

Hi

I suggest you will learn best from running some processes through and reading the help.

I will do this assuming autromatic cost posting and expected cost posting are on, if not the results are obviously different.

I receive a purchase order for $10 the cost amount expected is $10. The inventoriable cost only applies to outbound entries from item charges, so is not relevant in my example, the posted to G/L will be £0. The invoice comes in for $11, cost amount expected is $0, cost amount actual is $11 and the Cost posted to G/L will be $11.

You are mixing your Item and Value entries here and I have not separated them but if you process transactions through it becomes very obvious what is happening. Obviously against the receipt line at the value entry the values remain, and they flow into the ILE giving you the total figures, but the cost posted to G/L is not at this level.

thanks for ur reply…