cost amount(actual) and Purchase amount(actual).

Hi,

In value entry table that fields cost amount(actual) and Purchase amount(actual).
Kindly let me know the what is the exact difference between the two fields.

Thanks and regards

In the value entry table where the line is a purchase line these will be the same, where it is not a purchase line the purchase amount will be 0 (the purchase amount is not a standard visible field on this form so I presume you have modified it). In the item ledger entry the cost of the item is a flow field on the cost amount, and with item charges or variances etc the cost on the item ledger can not match one line of the value entry, although the original line will still contain the purchase amount.

I would suggest creating a new item, booking it in at one cost, invoicing it at another and then applying a separate item charge to it, then look at the value entry lines, in relation to the item ledger entry lines.

Thanks Steven,

I done what u told that is I created a new item, booking it in at one cost, invoicing it at another and then applying a separate item charge to it, then look at the value entry lines, in relation to the item ledger entry lines . But that the both fields are showing same values.

so please let me know the exact difference.

So on the VALUE entry line posting the difference between the invoice and the receipt the purchase amount is the same? How are you doing this? Using Get Receipts?

You should only be looking at the VALUE entry line.

Post your steps, values and end result and I will follow the same through and tell you what I get.

Thanks Sir,

I created One item A.

I Created purchase a Purchase order with item A. On 08/11/08 Qty = 10 Unit cost = 10 Total Amount = 100

Now 08/12/08 I received 100 Items of A.

On 08/15/08 I changed the Unit cost = 20 . Total Amount = 2000( 100* 20) and Invoiced. I directly invoiced item through created Purchase order. I did not use get receipt lines for Invoice.

So value entry has created for the Both fields.

That is Cost amount( Actual). And Purchase amount ( Actual) has 2000 value.

On 08/25/08 . I assigned freight charges 300.

Now the field values are Cost amount( Actual). And Purchase amount ( Actual) has 2300 value.

So please letme Know the difference.

si r,

what is the difference .

please let me know .

The purchase amount will reflect the purchased amount, the cost the cost amount. The item ledger and value entry are not the repository solely of purchase based transactions.

Sell your items, look at the ILE and VLE

Any difference in the fields? Of course the purchase amount is 0, the same as the sales amount is 0 on the purchase line, it is not relevant to the nature of the transaction.

Purchase Amount (actual) has a value only when ILE Type is Purchase also when posted from Item Journal, other positive ILE doesn’t have a Purchase Amount.

Also on ILE you have flowfield Purchase Amount (actual) and this could be different from Cost Amount (Actual) when costing method is Standard, in that case Cost Amount = Standard Cost, Purchase Amount = actual purchasing cost.

In the ILE flowfield you could have a Purchase Amount on sales entry when you post a Purchase Invoice with Item Charge assigned to shipment.

Cost amount is the one posted in G/L.

p.s. in Italy we use Purchase Amount to calculate average cost of purchasing of the year (without considering positive adjustment), this used for fiscal inventory valuation.

The Purchase Amount is the vendor’s price to you. The Cost Amount is the Purchase Amount + various expenses.

Try to make another purchase, this time also write something into PurchLine-field “Indirect Cost %”. Post the Order/Invoice; now take a look at the value entries (there will be two)…