Correction of wrong production output postings

We are looking for a possibility to correct errors made during posting of production output other than posting a positive or negative adjustment. We believe that the right way to correct errors is: 1. Undo the wrong posting 2. Make the right posting In Navision this seems to be impossible. Who has experience with this topic or can give us some tips & trics We use Attain 3.01b Jan Kees Hage

Hi Assuming you are referring to the item journals - to get the correct costs flowing through the system I would suggest reporting consumption differently - take out the incorrect poting with a full negative consumption journal, then put the correct consumption in. Of course if the production order is finished you cannot do this. If you require an “undo” facility as per the shipments/receipts it would need to be modified to achieve this.

I’m not reffering to the item journals, but to the output journals. Jan Kees Hage

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
Hi Assuming you are referring to the item journals - to get the correct costs flowing through the system I would suggest reporting consumption differently - take out the incorrect poting with a full negative consumption journal, then put the correct consumption in. Of course if the production order is finished you cannot do this. If you require an “undo” facility as per the shipments/receipts it would need to be modified to achieve this.

Hi Jan As there is no undo functionality you would need to modify the system to do this, which would be automatically creating an output journal for a negative expression of the reported quantity. I presume your reasoning behind this is becasue you do not want the correction to be a manual creation of the output journal [?]

Hi all, We are experiencing the same problem, that is our customer received something by mistake through the output journal and now he wants to correct it. We have tried to do a negative consumption journal but we cant post it. NB the item in question is lot specific. The error we are getting is “Item Tracking Serial No. %1 Lot No. %2 for Item No. %3 Variant %4 cannot be fully applied.”. Is there any way around this? thanks

Hi, To undo the posting of production output, the first thing is to produce the same quantity, using the same job number or batch number but the production qty will be negative and using the same unit cost. This will undo the wrong posting. Then, the make the right posting. All this will be possible if the production Qty field will accept a negative figure. Thanks