Consumption Journal

Hi,

Experts,I am working on Demo Database Navision 2009 version , using the Cronus company . I created production order of Bicycle . Changes the status of production journal as Planned → Firm → Released . My question is that after running the calc. consumption function on the consumption journal the journal is not bringing the BOM automatically for me to post the consumption.

Regards

Go to the production order and look at the production journal - here you can see the consumption by flushing method - it maybe the items are set to automatically flush making the consumption journal redundant.

Thanks Adam,

sometime in the production journal , items are set automatically. but sometime it is not happen ,why?

regards

It will depend on what you have set each item up to do.

[*-)]Thanks Adam ,

When I use the already created production order ( in Demo Database Navision 2009 version , using the Cronus company) then the production journal shows the consumption Quantity of Raw materials .

But whenever I created an production order and changes the status as Planned → Firm → Realesed .Then production journal does`t shows the shows the consumption Quantity of Raw materials .

What mistak I do exactly , I don`t know?

Can anybody help me ???

Once again thanks for Quick replay.

Regads

Does the item you are using have a BOM attached to the item card?

If it does is it certified?

If it is set the components to manually flushed.

Thanks Adam ,
Adam ,Sorry to say But I already attached the BOM to the Item Card , I checked that BOM is certified , and set the component to manually flushing.
Even after ,Production journal shows only the output Quntity of finished good , but not but not the consuption Qty. of the Raw materials.
very very thanks for replay.

Regads

[8-)]

Sorry , I forget to say one things that is , I could not Expode the BOM in Item card , I typed the BOM manually.

cause I have no idea to about that how to expode the BOM of particular Item in Item Card.

regads

Hi bshinde ,

have you checked or the flushing method is set to manually en that there is no routing link code in the Prod order components and in the Prod order routing line?

when there is a routing link code NAV flushes the components over the routing link code.

grtz Jan

You typed the BOM manually where? Why are you trying to explode the BOM when you are using a production order?

Create a new BOM with one item and a quantity of 10, this item has to be manually flushed, attach this BOM to the item, raise production and it will be in the production journal. 100% sure this works, unless you have modified it to break it of course.

Hi,

Adam

You typed the BOM manually where?

**==>**In the Item card → genral tab -->open the Bill Of material window and typed BOM of bicycle manually.

In this Bill of material window I dont know that how to expode the BOM , thats why I typed it manually.

attach this BOM to the item???

how I can attached it to the Item

can you explain ?

Thanks

Replenishment Tab - Production BOM No.

The bill of material you are talking about has NOTHING to do with production.

Adam,

General Tab --Bill of materials. --yes/No.

what it indicate exactly?

If we select it then , how we can explode the BOM of particular Item in the “Bill of material window”?

we type it manually or it explode automatically?

Is this term affected on production journal?

thanks

regards

The Genral tab Bill of Material setting indicates that from the Related Information - Item - Assembly - Bill of Material, that a bill of material has been created.

The Bill of Material Window is presumably from the assembly list. You type it manually, creating the bill of material, or you add an item that is already a bill of material item and explode this.

This has NOTHING to do with production. This is ONLY related to the BOM Journal in Inventory.

This is inventory assembly, for businesses not using manufacturing. This has NO impact on production orders. Production BOMs are used on production orders and the production journal, which was your original questions. The reason therefore that you can see nothing in the production journal is that you have not set a Production BOM, you have set an assembly BOM. These two are completely different concepts in NAV.

Bsinde, Arati has kind of hijacked your question so I do not know if this answer resolved your question or indeed you had a better handle on the different concepts than Arati. Please repost if you have not resolved it.

Adam,

thanks for replay , when I use the already created production order then the production journal shows counsumption and output quantity of the materials in released state .

But I am facing the problem when I created the production order of same Item and changes the status of production order as Planned → Firm → released , then status has been changes easily. But production journal does`t shows the counsumption and output quantity of the materials in released state .

I already attached the BOM to the Item Card , I checked that BOM is certified , and set the component to manually flushing.

I am very sorry to disturb you , but really it doesn`t work.

once again thanks for replay.

Regads

Adam,

thanks for replay , when I use the already created production order then the production journal shows counsumption and output quantity of the materials in released state .

But I am facing the problem when I created the production order of same Item and changes the status of production order as Planned → Firm → released , then status has been changes easily. But production journal does`t shows the counsumption and output quantity of the materials in released state .

I already attached the BOM to the Item Card , I checked that BOM is certified , and set the component to manually flushing.

I am very sorry to disturb you , but really it doesn`t work.

once again thanks for replay.

Regads

Simply put it does work, but without looking at what you actually have it is difficult to say. Basically if the BOM is attached and it is certified it can be consumed and will show on the production journal. Either your setup is wrong, your interpretation is wrong or you have modified the system. Are you using BOM versions - you may have a blank version, or there may be a date issue in current dates. There is little else I can do, but it does work, because EVERY manufacturing site does this.