Complicated Report

Hi I have to make a report in which client want that monthwise detail can be shown.I have tried using dimension.but not able to view in the single report. Format is like …(Report for cash flow statement) Acc Name April May June July Total <A/c Name> I am not able to do that parallel calculation for each month…however monthwise report i have created… can u please suggest me the solution for that thanks Ashish

quote:

Hi I have to make a report in which client want that monthwise detail can be shown.I have tried using dimension.but not able to view in the single report. Format is like …(Report for cash flow statement) Acc Name April May June July Total <A/c Name> I am not able to do that parallel calculation for each month…however monthwise report i have created… can u please suggest me the solution for that thanks Ashish
Originally posted by ashbhardwaj - 2004 Sep 29 : 11:04:34

What using a decimal variable with 12 dimensions? I mean something like this: DataItem: Table 15 G/L Account Global variables: Amount: Decimal[12] Month: Integer GLEntry: Record, Table 17 OnAfterGetRecord CLEAR(Amount) Set filters on GLEntries according to the user's requests IF GLEntry.FIND('-') THEN REPEAT Month := DATE2DMY(GLEntry."Posting Date", 2); Amount[Month] := Amount[Month] + GLEntry.Amount; UNTIL GLEntry.NEXT = 0; Anna

there are few reports for monthly calculations 105 - Customer - Summary aging 120 - Aged Accounts Receivables

We have been using Anna’s approach a couple of times and it works fine, especially taking into account that you could attach the columns to your accounting periods if these do not match exactly the normal month. You could also consider using Account schedules directly and using the Comparison Date Formula in the Column Layout part, something like -1M,-2M, etc., if we are talking about financial data of course… Saludos Nils

Thanks all for ur valuable suggestion. Anna ur idea gives me a hint…& I am able to make that report. thanks for that. Ashish Bhardwaj