Common dialog box without COMDLG32.OCX?

Hi I need to add the path of some filenames for some of my tables. My idea was, that a generic Win32 Load dialog box would appear, then the user could select the file and the path and name would be placed in the correct fields. The only thing is, that I don’t have a DEV Env. with the COMDLG32.ocx file, and there’s something about copyright and so on. Does anyone know how this can be done without this file, and without using a NF Form? Henrik Andresen

Here an example for use the com…ocx Define Filedialog AS Name DataType Subtype Length FileDialog OCX Microsoft Common Dialog Control, version 6.0 in Navision ! FileDialog.DialogTitle := Titel; FileDialog.InitDir := StartDir; FileDialog.Filter := Filter; FileDialog.ShowOpen; Filename := FileDialog.FileName; Copyright? It’s an ocx, the copyright is only in modify the ocx and that is not possible :wink: But you need the permission in Navision to use ocx moduls. ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.Cycos.com www.Dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@Cycos.com

We have done it by using any table with a blob field. // Lookup for filename - force display of file dialog MyTable.GET(‘1’); // Get any record from table MyTable.CALCFIELDS(Blob); Text := MyTable.Blob.EXPORT(’.’,TRUE); IF (Text <> ‘’) THEN Filename := Text; The user is presented with the file dialog without the need for a form etc. You do need to be aware though that the file chosen will be overwritten by the blob in the table. Edited by - paulbradbury on 2001 Oct 31 10:33:09

Thank you!