Commerce Portal IIS 500.100 error on /ncpi

Hello, when I browse the web page http:///ncpi, IIS report the following error : HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8) Object required: ‘Application(…)’ /ncpi/include/properties.asp, line 26 My Commerce Portal SP1 platform is: * Webserver : - W2K SP2 - XML 3 SP1 - CS2K Commerce Editon - SQL 2K SP2 * Navision Server - C/Side Server 3.01 - NAS 2.65 Any idea ?

Hello Xavier, I faced the same problem weeks ago and I only can give you some suggetions: First of all you should install CS2k Service Pack 2, but that will not resolve your problem right now. Have you installed SQL-Server option “Analysis Services” ? If not, please do so, because it helps you to find the error much quicker. Open “Analysis Manager” from the Analysis Services Menu" and open you analysis server and the “FootMart 2000” database comming as sample data. I guess, you can read and modify the properties. Now try to browse one of the cubes installed in “FootMart 2000” by pressing right mouse button “Browse Data”. You will face one of the following errors: “unspecific error” or “provider not found”. Both errors are related to a missing “provider” which is not installed. Navision (WIC) together with the CS2K are using this “missing provider”. You should now reinstall the provider. You will face the “Internal Server Error” until you have resolved the problem with the provider (best test here is to browse any of the mentioned cube data). Good Luck Walter

Are you able to read line 26 in properties.asp via a notepad. Perhaps you’ll be able to get a clue from there.

Cube browsing is now OK but still a 500.100 error : HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error Internet Information Services Error Type: Commerce.AuthManager.1 (0x80070057) AuthManager(CommerceServer): You should call ‘AuthManager::Initialize()’ method with a valid site-name, before calling any other AuthManager API. /CommercePortal/global.asa, line 77 ps : I switch from CP 2.65 to CP 3.10

Hello Xavier, OK. Now you are running CP3.10. as I mentioned last time you should install the Service Pack 2 for CS2K That right now sounds like a problem with the service pack. Please let me now you CS2K version. Regards Walter

Hello, I installed CS2K SP2 but still the same error. Futhermore, I can’t synchronize my SQL Srv from Navision : MSMQ Messages are well generated on the NAS but I can’t see then arrive on the Web server!.. I don’t understand wich process read (on the web server) the synchmq messages to create/synchronize data in SQL srv. Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks.

Hello Xavier, sounds like a problem with the cpsync.dll. Is the dll registered? Do you get errors while synchronising? Are the messages still in the queue? Explaining the data flow between Navision, NAS, commerce server and sql server is a little bit difficult. I have a ppt file which shows the data flow and I will send it to you by email. I am sorry for the other members but as this file has around 3MB I do not want to upload it here. If anybody else is interested, please let me now. Kind regards Walter

Hello Walter, Thanks for PPT : this is a great source of information! To help debugging, here are some infos : - after running my synchronization from Attain, the Web server queue manager display a new line “Outgoing queue” with Name = “DIRECT:OS:\private$\synchmq”, State=“INACTIVE” and msg column report=0 ? Is-it normal ? (messages seems to be never processed, and why the queue is inactive…?) - should I register manually each DLLs !!! (NFencrypt.dll, NFWebShop.dll, etc…) - what is the EXE called “CS2KMSMQInitialise” ; should I run it ? - I noticed in my event viewer the following msg concerning “Navision Commerce Portal Sync.” service : <<< The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Navision Commerce Portal Synchronization ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped. >>> (even after registering cpsynch.dll and restarted the service) Again, thanks for your help. Xavier.

Gosh! Now’s my turn. I face the same problem even I’ve installed SQL Analysis. Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8) Object required: ‘Application(…)’ /ncpi/include/properties.asp, line 27 I found that my Navision Application Server has error in Event Viewer as follows: (a) The Navision Application Server NAVISIONDEMO-CLASSIC service terminated with the following error: Incorrect function. (b) The Navision Application Server NAVISIONDEMO-SQL service terminated with the following error: Incorrect function. Navision Application Server is not running.I’m running CP2.65 eventhough I know that SGAttain 3.10 had been released. However, is the problem that I encounter is a problem that cannot be fixed? Thx in advance.

Hi S.K. Chong, The reason for your problem is the ‘Parameter’ being passed from your NAS. Proceed as directed below: 1. Go to your NAS Manager 2. Select NAS Server NAVISIONDEMO-CLASSIC 3. In Properties for Startup Parameter check what you have specified. 4. The value in this feild should match the value defined “Application Server Setup” Table field(In Demo Co., NAS1 - Most likely) 5. Change value in your startup parameter and restart. It should work and you must be able to start your server. Regards Mohd. Rahimuddin. NSC,alfanar IT.

Hi Xavier, Could you please inform as to how you were able to address the error related to Commerce Portal Mesg. “Event ID(0)…” Any suggestions from anybody are welcome. Thankx in advance.