COM object of class Outlook

Dear All I am trying to set up outlook sychronisation with Axapta 3.0 and I am getting the following error COM object of class ‘Outlook.Application’ could not be created. Ensure that the object has been properly registered on computer ‘XXXXXX’. I have tried reloading the application and client software but to no avail. I have als reloaded outlook thinking there might be a corruption. I am lost as to where to go next. Can anyone help Regards Newman

Hi, Usually it works fine. Any way, to begin with can you try opening the tutorial form titled ‘tutorial_Outlook’ (Under AOT → Forms) please. And can you let us know the following please - 1) What version of Outlook are you using? 2) And can you elaborate what you are trying to do please. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Harish I have tried to open the tutorial and I get the following error COM object of class ‘{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ could not be created. Ensure that the object has been properly registered on computer ‘SYDKAL099’. What I am trying to do is to set up outlook synchronzation with Axapta 3.0 SPk3 I have set up the emplyee and the outlook email login in the crm module and as far as I know that should be all that needs to be done to set up I am using outlook 2003, it works fine on another machine but not on ly laptop. I have a feeling it is a corruption somewhere but I cannot diagnose the particular file. I have reloaded the application and client twice but still the same error. I would appreciate any help Regards Newman

Newman, have you tried re-registering the COM connector from the Configuration Utility? This usually works for me. Regards, H. Jaeger Tectura (UK) Ltd.

quote:

Newman, have you tried re-registering the COM connector from the Configuration Utility? This usually works for me. Regards, H. Jaeger Tectura (UK) Ltd.
Originally posted by hjaeger - 2005 Jun 11 : 11:06:03

What does this have to do with Axapta’s COM? The problem is the COM of MS Outlook that is giving error when is used from Axapta. Newman, have you tried using the COM from other place, like VB6 or C#? If doesn’t work from there either, you should try to completely uninstall Outlook and then reinstall. There is something wrong Outlook since it is not able to allow other applications to create it from COM object. Regards, Ciprian

Hi Newman, The CLSID key of Outlook is - 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 You can find this in registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID key. For more info on this and for trouble shooting, please refer to this KB 828550 article from MS. Hopefully this should help. If that doesn’t help, please let us know the following - - what version of OS are you using? - are you using any other software that integrates with MS Outlook? - also is there any error message in Event viewer at all? Also as Ciprian suggested, try to instantiate Outlook from VBA or any language that you are comfortable with. Good luck [:)], Harish Mohanbabu

Harish I think the problem is with outlook and not axapta as you suggested. I have removed outlokk deleted the directory and reinstalled it and it works fine now. My question to you is do you know the name of the dll that would cause the problem in order for me to replace the dll rather than removing and reinstalling Your help is appreciated Regards Newman

Hi Newman, Glad to know that we were able to resolve your issue. Coming to your query - AFAIK, from Axapta side there is this dll -‘smmaxol.dll’ which is responsible for synchronising between CRM and Outlook. In the past I have noticed quite a lot of issues mainly because of this dll. Apparently there are different versions to this dll and based on the version of Outlook, the correct version of this dll should be used. So whenever users experience synchronisation problem, they would uninstall the dll and install the correct version. But again I am not sure whether this applies to you. Before you re-installed, were you able to instantiate Outlook from other programs? Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Harish Yes Outlook worked fine form other programs, it was only Axapta that had an issue in the synchronisation. Anyway the problem is fixed now I have to fix all the other pc’s now Thanks for your help Regards Newman