Coding and export format possibilities of Navision 4.0 SP3 (5.0 SP1)

Hi all

I have Navision 4.0 SP3 (5.0 SP1) installed in our company. I am not a developper of Navision but I have to deal with one. :slight_smile:

We are working on a new online marketing platform. this platform is able to read .csv in combination with utf-8. my developer said that our Navision installation is not able to export .csv in UTF-8 format. He sais Navision only “speaks” ASCII or ANSII.

do you know if that is true? I don’t find anything on the web regarding this point. furthermore I am a bit astonished that even an old version of Navision is not able to produce such an export.

thank you for listing me some helpful information about that.

Joel

Hello Joel,

In NAV 4.0/5.0 , we can export .csv file with UTF-8 Format using XML Ports. But it will export in XML format only.

Regards,

Congruent Info - Tech

You can do it by using the “‘Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library’.Stream” automation:

CREATE(ADOstream);
ADOstream.Open;
ADOstream.Charset('UTF-8');
REPEAT
ADOstream.WriteText(rec.text);
UNTIL NEXT = 0;
ADOstream.SaveToFile('c:\text.txt');
ADOstream.Close;

Hi Joel,

Did you get an answer to your question? Did it help you? The members and moderators here on DUG use our spare time and help you for free, all we ask in return is that you spent a few seconds to let us know if we helped you solve your problem.

If any of the suggestions helped you solve your question/problem, then please click the “Verify Solution” on the answer that helped you, so that we can see that your problem is now “resolved”. Otherwise let us know how if there is something else you like to know.

Have a nice day! [:)]