Closing Purchase Order after Partial Reciept

Hi, Our clients have a high volume of purchasing the AGRO products. The PO at the time of generation has some estimated amount against which the Warehouse Reciept is made. After the Actual Qunatity recieved, Some Qty. still remains on the PO Line. Is there any way that We can make the Qty to Revice as nil and Delete the purchase order from the List of ORders? Regards, DD

try this link http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10222 regards

you cannot close the purhcase order without invoicing, your explaination says its only recived have you invoiced…?

Hi Jags,Thanx for the reply. Yes,Invoicing also is done for the recieved quntity.I also know that it can not be deleted till the time qty. to recieve is showing on the order line. I want to know whether it is possible in any way to delete the Purchase order from the list. Regards, DD

Normally if the received quantity has been invoiced you should be able to delete the PO even if there is an outstanding quantity. I’ve seen some trouble if the PO quantity has reservations on it…but other than that I can’t think of anything to stop you.

One way is to reduce the quantity to the invoiced quantity and run the batch job: Delete Purchased Documents …

Need customization. There is one field at Purchase Line called “Completely Received”. You can use code to modify it. If all the lines are changed to True, you can not received any more for this Purchase Order.

That’s all Right! I think so.

You could consider popping up a list of POs where partial quantity is received. User would select the POs which have to be foreclosed. A trigger would then fire which would set the quantity to receive to 0. Ofcourse this would require some coding.

Hi DD, The easiest thing you can do is, after posting the rcpt, ReOpen the PO using funct’s ReOpen, change the QUANTITY to the Qty that is already rcvd and Delete the PO. ex initially the Qty is 4, recv 3, then go to PO, change the qty to 3 and then delete. I hope this helps. A.

quote:

Hi, Our clients have a high volume of purchasing the AGRO products. The PO at the time of generation has some estimated amount against which the Warehouse Reciept is made. After the Actual Qunatity recieved, Some Qty. still remains on the PO Line. Is there any way that We can make the Qty to Revice as nil and Delete the purchase order from the List of ORders? Regards, DD
Originally posted by dharmendra - 2004 May 31 : 00:43:53

it can be closed go to purchase line table make status visible make it closed on purchase afterwards. Ur P.O. will be closed for particular line purchase line. enjoy and have fun