Client Installation 3.70 on Terminal Services

Hey - Has anyone installed MBS W1 3.70 Client on W2K configured to use Terminal Services in Application Mode. First I have had problems with ISSCript8.msi which is not possible to install. Solved this by installing and registering manually. Second / When the wizard finally started up I was able to set the options and then when finishing off it goes directly to a screen stating that there was an error. I can be wrong but I thought one needs .mst (transform files) for Terminal services, these files are available in other releases but not on the disk I have of 3.70. Any ideas ? Thx.[:(]

Hello from germany, the installation process is not according to the terminal server requirements. so ignore the -normal- installation. so much about the microsoft input into the new version. our nsc gave us a complete modified installation script. please ask for this, it exists. also ask for the Service_request_TS_370.pdf which describes the installation. we got this: hope it helps a bit. krgds joern The install Batch looks like this: this is for the DE client, not for the W1. save the remaining in a file called install_ts.bat. you also need a file called MakeCompNotesSafeForScripting.exe @ECHO OFF IF “%1%” == “” GOTO HOWTO IF “%1%” == “/?” GOTO HOWTO xcopy “%1\program files*." "%ProgramFiles%*.” /S xcopy “%1\Common*." "%CommonProgramFiles%*.” /S regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\NFEncrypt.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\NSObjectXProxy.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\ROTAccess.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\ImageSelector.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\CompNotesHtml.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\comdlg32.ocx” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\CGReqClient.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\CPHandler.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\CPTimer.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\csearch.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\NATHash.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\NSComCom2.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\OLWrapper.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\OLAddin.dll” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\NaviService.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Application Handler\NSAppHandler.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Mapi\MSMAPI32.OCX” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Timer\NTimer.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Communication Component\MSMQBusAdapter.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Communication Component\NPipeBusAdapter.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Communication Component\NSComCom2.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Communication Component\SocketBusAdapter.dll” echo. echo. echo ****** Making CompNotesHTML.DLL Safe For Scripting ****** echo. echo Wait … MakeCompNotesSafeForScripting.exe echo Done. echo. echo. echo ****** Installing MDAC ****** echo. echo Wait … “%1\Microsoft Components\MDAC\mdac_typ” /Q /C:“setup.exe /Q” echo Done. echo. echo To make sure all MDAC components are installed proberly please reboot your computer. PAUSE Press any key to continue … GOTO END :HOWTO echo. echo. echo Syntax: echo "INSTALL_TS " echo. echo : SourcePath Full path to the location of the MSI file. echo. goto END :END

oh, i forgot to mention … you will have to give full access to the installation path. and still our installation runs only when connected as administrator. for a -normal- user (not administrator account) the help index is created on the first login, stalles at 78% and the application is disconnected. so i have no complete solution yet. unfortunately. thanks joern

and more. this is the part out of the mentioned pdf file from above: Installing Navision 3.70 on Windows 2000/2003-Based Terminal Server Because of a number of problems involving Windows Installer starting when Navision is running, (for example, when the user presses F1 or activates objects that use Word automation), a workaround for the installation procedure is described here. How to install: 1. Copy the contents of the Client folder from the product CD to a temporary folder. 2. Copy the files attached in this note to the same folder. 3. Switch to install mode on the Terminal Server. This can be done with the command "change user /install’ from a command prompt or by simply running the install script from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. 4. Run Install_TS.bat to install the Navision Client. Syntax: "INSTALL_TS " : SourcePath Full path to the location of the MSI file. Note: Be aware that installing Microsoft Data Access Components can require you to reboot your server.

update on the 3.70 installation on cvitrix: Finally i found the problem. the help files on the citrix server where corrupt. the english version was fine, but the german was not. locally an a workstation all was fine. i logged on and changed the languages and (important!) opened the help. only then the index files are created. this needs to be done for all languages available. well, and then i copied the files onto the citrix server. the help files are here: C:\Programme\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\DEU and C:\Programme\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\ENU. now all is fine. actually i have not figured out what initially triggers the loading of a specific language. we would like to allways start with the english language. has anybody a commandline parameter ? thanks and good luck. joern

Another Hello from Germany! this is the procedure for Navision Attain 3.10 A on Microsoft Windows Server 2003: 1) copy the files from the CD under the directory \Client\De to a temporary directory on the server. 2) Start the installation of the mdac components directly in the \De\Microsoft Components\MDAC directory with a doubleclick on mdac_typ.exe. 3) Then make a bat File with following content: @ECHO OFF IF “%1%” == “” GOTO HOWTO IF “%1%” == “/?” GOTO HOWTO xcopy “%1\program files*." "%ProgramFiles%*.” /S xcopy “%1\Common*." "%CommonProgramFiles%*.” /S regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\comdlg32.ocx” regsvr32 /s “%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CGReqClient.dll” regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CGTimer.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CompNotesHtml.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CPHandler.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CPTimer.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\Dbm.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\ImageSelector.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\msxml.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\Nc_netb.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\Nc_tcp.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\Ndbcs.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\NFEncrypt.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\NSObjectXProxy.dll regsvr32 /s "%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\ROTAccess.dll regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Application Handler\NSAppHandler.dll” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Mapi\MSMAPI32.OCX” regsvr32 /s “%CommonProgramFiles%\Navision\Timer\NTimer.dll” echo. echo. echo ****** Making CompNotesHTML.DLL Safe For Scripting ****** echo. echo Wait … “%ProgramFiles%\Navision Attain\Client\CompNotes.exe” echo Done. :HOWTO echo. echo. echo Syntax: echo "INSTALL_TS " echo. echo : SourcePath Full path to the location of the MSI file. echo. goto END :END 4) then run the bat file and thats it! 100% not supported from microsoft Sebastian

Where can i find the files needed for install : MakeCompNotesFor…exe and the TS_INSTALL.bat for the 3.70 on server 2003 ? thanks

Obtain the latest hotfix for 3.70 and the issues with the installation program are fixed - you won’t need this script.

We just installed this on a Win 2k terminal server. Here are the instructions from our reseller: ----- Just make sure the server is in install mode when you install the client. Also make sure that you are in install mode when you launch the client the first time. And finally make sure you are logged in as a administrator when doing all this. ----- We followed these and its works fine, no install script…good luck.

Just in case anyone has run into this and couldn’t find a solution, doesn’t have access to HotFixes, or cannot get the batch to run correctly: It appears, for whatever reason, there is a registry “registration” problem that occurs when anyone other than the Local Admin logs into a 2003TS. The Attain client would log in, and then loop - CompNotes.exe would fail every time and cause finsql.exe to hang. I installed Navision before installing TS. Log into a database and this registers certain entries in: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions] Then I re-activated TS and got to work. - I have seen that installing Office before Navision corrects the problem, but that was not the case here. I logged in as Local Admin and ran it, and it worked like a charm. Loggin in as a domain user is a different story. Even though the registry entries installed under Local Admin are in the Default (User) Registry, it doesn’t load for any user. To fix this, I simply exported the above KEY from the Local Admin (as HKEY_Current_User) and saved it to the local C: drive. Upon logging in with a domain account I loaded this registry entry, ran Navision, and WOILA! The import should look something like this: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\1000] “Filename”=“fin.exe” “Description”=“Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70” “Version”=dword:ffffffff “EnablePan”=dword:00000001 “EnableAutoScroll”=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\1001] “Description”=“Internet Explorer” “FileName”=“IEXPLORE.EXE” “Version”=dword:00050000 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\1002] “Description”=“Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70” “Filename”=“finsql.exe” “Version”=dword:ffffffff “EnablePan”=dword:00000001 “EnableAutoScroll”=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\1500] “Description”=“Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70” “Filename”=“finsql.exe” “Version”=dword:ffffffff “EnablePan”=dword:00000001 “EnableAutoScroll”=dword:00000001 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Microsoft Input Devices\Mouse\Exceptions\1501] “Filename”=“fin.exe” “Description”=“Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70” “Version”=dword:ffffffff “EnablePan”=dword:00000001 “EnableAutoScroll”=dword:00000001 Now, we don’t use CompNotes, etc, and this isn’t a great fix - but it works and it MUST BE DONE for every user who logs in. You could made a batch file that imports this entry on startup. I am getting HotFix 12 and hopefully it fixes this the right way. Hope this helps for any of you who were stuck, just as I was. Regards, J