Client can't compile custom report

A client of ours has the Report Designer. They have access to reports in the 50000…50099 range. The user has been assigned the SUPER role. They edit a report that I wrote for them numbered 50091. They can edit the report but they get a permission error when they try to compile the report. I can use their license here and edit and compile the report with no problems. We’ve tried by development license on the client and still get the error. [xx(] Ideas anyone? Django

Delete the .zup file on the client pc.

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn’t work. [:(] I’ll keep digging. Django

Usually this is because You modify data in tables that the customer only have indirect access to. Then it’s Ok to compile with developer license but not with customer license. But that You probably knew already [:)] //Lars

I’d love it if that was the case. This is just a read-only report. I didn’t set any permissions on the report. Unfortunately I can use the client’s license here on their database and compile the report. It’s something on-site… Thanks for your input! Django

A couple of questions; Is it specific to a pc? Is it specific to a user?

Hi CM, How timely your question is. [:)] Another user logged in an Administrator can compile the report. I’m having them confirm how the two users connect to the database. I’m thinking that Administrator might be connecting using Windows Authentication and the user who can’t compile might be connecting using Database Authentication. Getting closer…

Django, Let us know the solution - we’re all interested (well I am!) [:)] Good luck!

Me too, strange it didn’t work???[:)]

It’s puzzling. If the network administrator logs in on the PC that original reported the problem we can compile reports. Same PC logged in as a user - can’t compile reports. [?] They do log into the database using Windows Authentication but the user has the SUPER role (which has the correct/standard permissions). I’ll keep you informed…

quote:

Originally posted by DjangMan
If the network administrator logs in on the PC that original reported the problem we can compile reports. Same PC logged in as a user - can’t compile reports. [?]

Does the (windows-)user has all permissions within the ‘TempFilePath’?

This sounds puzzling [?]