check number field

I’m generating a payment using payment proposal. After i select all my payment criteria, i return back to journal voucher screen. After i confirm everything, i validate and system tells me JOURNAL OK.

Therefore, i go for posting. However, now system block me with “Please fill in check number…” However, i’ve go thorough the entire screen cannot find this “check number” field. Can i have any advice from you?

It is at the bottom of the grid. Once you have lines on the journal go to functions → generate payments system will create a new check no. and fill it automatically. This is applicable if the check type is setup as fixed

Hi ,

I have created two bank accounts

BANK 1 . for the BANK 1 check payment method type - Fixed and created the cheques also .

BANK 2 - BANK 2 check payment method type - Free

I have booked an invoice for an vendor through invocie journal then i ran the payment proposal , system updated invoice lines in the payment journal and selected correct bank account number - BANK 1 (which i created the bank check numbers ) . To update the Check number , when i try to click on the - Generate payments but it is greyed out in payment journal .

a ) Can i know what would be the problem ?

I have selected the another bank account BANK 2 in the payment journal , to enter the check number manually , but check number field is greyed out

b) can i know what would be problem ?

Share your experience.

Any suggestion ?

Check number field should be available in the Overview tab. check if any customizatons… and find out whether it is available in the design.

take the dev help if required

Thanks Santhosh ,

It is available .

But the problem is To update the Check number automatically , when i try to click on the - Generate payments but it is greyed out in payment journal . and To update the Check number manually , when i try to click on the Check number in the overview tab, but it is greyed out in payment journal .

Can you share your thoughts to resolve the problem ? and explain what is the use of Generae payments functionality ?

Ameen,

pls confirm you are using AP>Payment journals and the journal you are using is not yet posted. It would be great if you post a screen shot of your overview screen.

Generate payments will be used to generate the check, when u successfully do the generate payments the u can see the check number automatically filled in and thats the reason it is not editable.

hi

User cannot enter check numbers manually for types fixed and free. fixed type and free type are related to pre printed cheques are available or not. always it will be disabled.

if ‘generate payments’ button disabled means you are trying on posted transactions or otherwise verify any work flow is attached enable that .

hi

User cannot enter check numbers manually for types fixed and free. fixed type and free type are related to pre printed cheques are available or not. always it will be disabled.

if ‘generate payments’ button disabled means you are trying on posted transactions or otherwise verify any work flow is attached to enable that .