Change storage dimension on products.

We have loaded products and released products using a storage dimension that did not have financial inventory down to the warehouse level. Now the users have decided that it should be active at the warehouse level. I created a new storage dimension group with the required values, but I cannot change the storage dimension group. There are no transactions against any items, but the storage dimension is unavailable. I tried to reload the items with the new storage dimension using DIXF, but it fails as well. I would have thought that the values could be changed, and maybe I’m just doing something wrong. Is there a way of changing the storage dimension without deleting all the items?

Shawn

Hi Shawn, if the items doesn’t have any transactions you should be able to change the Storage dimension group from Product>Setup section>Dimension group>Storage dimension group

Hi Hector. Sorry for responding late, but I still could not change the storage dimension group on the item. We ended up deleting items and reloading them. Thanks for your response.

Shawn