Caution: there is an error in the database structure

Hi all,

I’m trying to Restore my database from a Backup that i had done some times back but I’m getting the following error so i cant proceed : Caution: There is an error in the database structure. This occurs if the database file is changed by another program or if a device driver does not function properly.

You must correct this error before you can continue. The error (1213 in module 19) may have been caused by the computer or a program.

Table:
Company:
Key Fields:

Check the database. On the File menu, click Database, click Test, and then click Maximum. If you get the same error, you should:

1. Back up the database by copying the database file or files to another location.

2. Use the built-in functionality to make a backup.

3. If this works, create a new database without deleting the database that contains the error or errors.Restore the backup that you made with the built-in backup functionality into the new database. To test it, on the File menu, click Database, click Test, and then click Maximum.

If this procedure does not work, then any database changes that were made after the most recent backup will be lost. Restore the most recent backup that was made with the built-in backup functionality and test it.
For security reasons, you should save the old database until you have used the new one for a period of time.

Contact your system administrator for assistance.

Please anyone with an idea on what i should do to kindly assist me i will appreciate

Thanks

Hi Jacklyne,

Which version of Dynamics NAV are you using?

Hi Erik,

I’ m using Dynamics NAV Version 2009

Thanks

And you’re sure that the backup you’re trying to restore is the same version (build no.)?

Is it a full backup, that you’re trying to restore into a new database? Or a company backup you’re trying to restore into an existing database?

The actual error you can check here: http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/15128.aspx (look for 19-1213). The error tells you that the problem could be that you’re trying to restore a field which has changed in the rec-size. So based on the error message, then my guess that you’re trying to restore an backup into an existing database, where some of the fields have changed in size.