Category Policy Rule not working

Hi,

I created a Category Policy rule which would result in only preferred and/or approved vendors displaying on the Purch Req lines for a particular procurement category. Under procurement categories, for the required procurement category, I have defined preferred and approved vendors. But on the PR lines, all Vendors are displayed in the drop down menu instead of the preferred/approved vendors.

Anyone have any idea what could be the issue and whether i missed some setup for the requirement?

Thanks,

Adeel

Hi Adeel, I know this is an old post, but did you ever find the solution? Thanks, Monika

I actually want to add the following:

The preferred supplier I have chosen for the relevant category is displayed in the PR as follows - Purchase Requisition Line > Category Guidelines. In the requisition line itself the user can however chose any other supplier account as all are displayed regardless of my category policy rule which includes only 1 preferred supplier.

My expectation was that if I allow the user to add the supplier account. only preferred ones would be displayed in the field supplier account in the requisition line.

Is it possible to have only the preferred category suppliers displayed on the requisition line itself (which I have seen in AX2012) or should I set up the category rule so that the preparer is unable to choose a supplier at all and add a review task in the workflow for e.g. a purchasing administrator to do that?

Issue in Dynamics 365

I have just found the issue for me - there were two separate category policy rules set up. The one created previously allowed all vendors in all categories. All I had to do was to change the rule to only show preferred suppliers. I have also retired the newer policy that was set up.