Cancel a credit memo

Is posible to cancel a credit memo?, but not with another invoice. This credit memo is in Posted Credit Memos. Thanks.

Is this a sales credit memo or a purchase credit memo? In either case, I believe that you could cancel the credit memo with an appropriate journal entry… ------- Tim Horrigan

I want DELETE this sales Memo Credit. This Memo credit is a wrong, and I not want cancel it, I want simply delete it, without invoices, journal lines, etc. I know that is very difficult, but is possible? Thanks

Well, if you have a programmer’s license, you probably could delete the Posted Credit Memo. (BTW, you did NOT say whether this is a sales or purchase credit mem0.) It would be an unwide thing to do. Assuming that you are an end user without a solution developer or similar license, your only option is to enter a balancing entry to zero out the erroneously entered credit memo. You can NOT delete the credit memo once it has been posted. Sorry. The credit memo is there permanently. Learn to live with it :slight_smile: ------- Tim Horrigan

You could also restore a backup taken just before C/M was issued. Lots of other work to re-input, but it would take care of the “unwanted” C/M. Jack

Thank you Horrigan and jtlane for your replies… Horrigan if I would have a programmer’s license, what’s the solution?

Well, you COULD simply delete the credit memo. You might have to comment out some code in the OnDelete trigger of the Posted Cr. Memo table to make this happen. The problem with this approach is that you would destroy the integrity of your database. There’s no guarantee that your G/L would balance. The Customer Ledger would still show a payable to the Customer on the deleted Credit Memo. But that Posted Sales Cr. Memo WOULD be gone! Is there a good reason for not simply making a balancing entry, however? ------- Tim Horrigan

Don’t delete any posted document. If your adminstration would get a serious audit, and a “vanished document” is discovered (i.e. checking ledger entries against other documents), you will become very suspected for manipulating other data too. Ask the accountant for his/her opinion on this… John

A sales credit memo simply means that (for whatever reason) you think you owe money to a customer. Normally, when the posted credit memo was entered on purpose, you close out the payable but cutting a check to the customer. You do this in Navision by going to the payment journal and balancing a Bank Account against the Customer and applying it to the specific cedit memo. Navision then automaticaly balances the Bank Account against an appropriate cash G/L account. The same principle should apply here— only instead of balancing the Customer against a Bank Account, you balance the Customer against the payable account… ------- Tim Horrigan

If you’re trying to get rid of the credit memo so your customer won’t see it and try to avoid collection or whatever, perhaps you could do a journal-entry adjustment and then filter out both the CM and the JE when you print a statement or an account detail. The whole point of NOT being able to delete things is so you leave an audit trail.