Can Navision run on an Apple Mac?

Has anyone got experience of running Navision on an Apple Mac? I figure that it may be possible using Windows emulation software but I would be interested in hearing if anyone has actually done this, what software they used to do it and what they thought of it.

The specifics for the requirement are a Mac Pro running OS X with Navision version 3.10.

I know of many people who are very happy running their Navision on a Mac Pro with the Windows simulation setup. Personally I’m a PC-guy, so I haven’t tried it myself.

Hi Gaspode,

I think the easiest way is to install the MAC Terminal Server client and then run NAV from TS. Check on the Microsoft Website, the TS client for MAC is free.

Thanks Jacques and also thanks to Erik for the replies. The customer that asked me this question likes the thoughts of a free solution so Terminal Services Client on the MAC it is. If he has any issues, I’ll update this post, otherwise, let’s assume this is a good solution.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave

Did you go ahead with this? If so what is it like running Nav on a Mac. We have a guy here where I work wants to use a Mac for design work but will also need Nav access?

THanks

Mark

The last time I caught up with the customer, he said he was very happy with this solution. I haven’t seen it in operation but I’m guessing it works just fine.

Hi Gaspode

Thanks for the reply, wasn’t sure I would get one considering the age of the original post!

Thanks again

Mark