Calling a Form in "read only"

How do a call a form in “read only” mode? I would like to make a couple of forms available but to have them uneditable so ppl can’t accidentilly change the record details. I was told that I need to recreate another form exactly like the existing one and mark all the fields uneditable. There must be a simplier way. Form 5928 - Resolution Codes in called from multiple places, and one is “read only” and one editable. help… :slight_smile:

I guess you can a few solutions here. I’m thinking setting the form’s security/roles/permissions to read=yes modify=no for whomever you do not want making changes. Sounds the easiest. Coping the form exactly is simply “Save As” and give it a new #. Then set to Editable=No as you mentioned. Happy New Year PS- Here’s A cool tool->http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=357

Other Info: UPDATEEDITABLE Use this function to change the setting of the Editable property for a control dynamically. UPDATEEDITABLE(Editable) Editable Data type: boolean Possible values: TRUE Means that the control be editable. FALSE Means that the control should not be editable. Comments This function can only be called from the OnBeforeInput of the control. The property will only be changed temporarily, that is for the duration of this form. Example You can use this function to set the Editable property of a control dynamically, based on, for example, the current value of some other field, like this: IF “On Hold” THEN CurrForm.Address.UPDATEEDITABLE(FALSE);

I am having trouble with what looked like a simple job.

EditData := false;
CurrForm.GenTextBox.UPDATEEDITABLE(EditData);

F11 check says " …Unknown variable UPDATEEDITABLE."

I have a Frame with the name GenTextBox

I just want to protect the fields in the frame from being edited based on if EditData is true or false.

I am using CurrForm.AccountsInfoPanel.VISIBLE; without any problem in the same section, what have I overlooked?