Calc standard cost

Hi

Item Card —> item button–> manufcatring —> calc standard cost —> two choice single lvel or all levels—> on navision 4 SP1

What is the diference between single level and multi level ?

Because in my case the calc standrd ccost is not working for items whom are costing method averge.

Where i shoud use single level? where i should use multi level ?

thank you

Hi,

The single level will just do the top level Bill of Material whereas the Multi level with loop sub-levels to calculate the cost. The calculate standard cost updates the standard cost but you are using average costing. What are you tring to acheive?

Hi Dave ,

Let me explain what is happening ? OR I am doing something wron g? Or I don’t understand the whole case of calc standard cost ?.

I am doing BOMX For an item X . one of those componenets is costing methode average cost and the standard cost was not filled .

First i filled the standard cost in item X . When i go to item X and do calc standard cost as all levels ;I was surprised not to calc the right standard cost at item X and at the same side the system deleted the stndard cost in item X . When i runned the calc standard cost as single level, it worked right .

Only I need to understand why this happened in this way ? As i understand or please correct to me that to do all levels must make the standard cost right .

Thank you Dave

Hi,

What do you mean by “system deleted the stndard cost in item X” ?

To explain - the single level gets the cost for the items on the top level BOM and recalculates the standard cost for the item (item X in you example)

• in multi level the routine goes down the levels and calculates the standard cost for sub-level items and then re-calculates the top level item. Having a sub-level BOM with costing method Average will not affect the calculation (although you will see the standard cost updated on the item card for this item).

thx Dave ,

what are you saying up , this what i was expected .

Strange! …to be deleted by system ? … the standard cost was empty in item card … try it if you want … having only average cost filled … after runnig the calc standard batch several time ,… and giving nothing … I went to fill the standard cost … YES If i run clac standard cost multi level …first it gives me wrong standard cost …Next it deletes the standard cost that i filled in item card …Vise versa if i run calc statement as single level … calc standard updated right and standard cost will not be deleted in item card …

First i was expected as you said above <<<<<<<<<<<<Having a sub-level BOM with costing method Average will not affect the calculation (although you will see the standard cost updated on the item card for this item>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But after what is happening in this case, I doubt in my knowledge to calc standard cost , and wrote this topic to know the difference . Do you think if the BOM is done only on one level … We must only run it as single level … and if we run it as multi it will give wrong …