Business Central and Docker: Cannot start CSide: MSVCP120.dll is missing

I had a problem where I couldn’t compile WordLayout report while the C/Side was running on my Docker machine.

So trying to resolve that problem, I went and setup a new HyperV VM running Windows Server 2016. Installed as a VM on my LAN. Here I installed Docker and everything else as before.

I downloaded the new image for Business Central 12.2312.0. While both the web client and windows clients starts and runs fine, then when starting C/Side then it fails with: finsql.exe - System Error: The program can’t start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The error as such is not unknown, it’s because of a missing C++ runtime module. But even thought I have installed this, then the error remains.

I do not have C/Side installed on this VM in the old-fashioned way, but neither did I on the other Docker VM.

Anyone experiencing this? [mention:74275055534c437ab13054c27a1ed5fb:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] I know you’ve played a bit with the containers too.

The error was caused by the C++ runtime not being installed. In my ignorance I had only installed the x64t version, not the x86 version. Both are required.