I have a customized table i need to build the item tracking functionality into.
Which tables/ codeunit/ functions do I need to touch pls?
Your assistance will be most appreciated.
To add item tracking functionality to a customized table, you will need to work with several tables, codeunits, and functions. Here are the basic steps you will need to follow:
- Create a new item tracking codeunit: This codeunit will contain the functions for creating, updating, and deleting item tracking records.
- Create a new item tracking table: This table will store the item tracking records for your customized table.
- Modify your customized table: You will need to add fields to your customized table to store the item tracking information.
- Modify your code: You will need to modify your code to add calls to the new item tracking codeunit and functions to create, update, and delete item tracking records.
Specifically, you will need to use the following objects:
- Codeunit 246, Item Tracking Management: This codeunit contains the functions for creating, updating, and deleting item tracking records.
- Table 39, Item Tracking Line: This table stores the item tracking records.
- The ADDITEMTRACKING function: This function adds an item tracking record to the Item Tracking Line table.
- The MODIFYITEMTRACKING function: This function modifies an existing item tracking record in the Item Tracking Line table.
- The DELETEITEMTRACKING function: This function deletes an item tracking record from the Item Tracking Line table.
You will need to modify your code to call these functions as needed to create, update, and delete item tracking records for your customized table.