Buggy Debugger!

We had this topic before. The integrated debugger is really bad. You cannot use the step-over function. It will always step into. Additionally if you use the On-Timer on a form, then it’s practically impossible to debug this form, because it will continue to check the on-timer value. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Even more funny, some days I even get some cases where some buggy (non-working) code do work in debug mode. tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Dear Tarek, Although I doubt that this is the cause in your example, please be aware of minor differences in the way code is executed when the debugger is active. Normally, requests to the server are stored in a buffer (the command buffer), and are not sent until a result from the server is required (e.g. if Record.Insert then…). With the debugger active, commands by-pass the command buffer, thus potentially changing the way your code is, or at least seems to be executed. The Application Designer’s Guide has (or used to have) an appendix dedicated to this topic. Kind regards, Jan Hoek

Hi Jan, You might have got a point here. A shame that I’ve not a live scenario to double check that. However I’ve got the feeling that I had this problem on portion of code which was just plain logic code which was not related to database transactions code. I may be wrong since I’m not certain of my recollection. I’ll check my manual next week :wink: Best Regards, Tarel tarek_demiati@ureach.com