Breaking into Dynamics AX 2012

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice around the best way to break into the world of Dynamics AX 2012.

I have been working as an IT Training consultant (UK based) for the past 5 years, with my main areas of expertise being end user training for large ERP solution role outs.

Essentially, I am looking for a foot in the door to gain some exposure to Dynamics AX 2012. I am keen to go down the certification route, but I am also acutely aware that system exposure tends to count for more when looking for new contracts.

What I am not sure about is the best approach to take. For example, does anyone know of any good training courses available in the UK? Any businesses that would be keen to take on a consultant free of charge to allow them to up skill (internships, etc….)? Any better ways to gain exposure to the system?

I know some of the posts on here are around the back end elements (analysts, developers, etc…), but I am very much looking for exposure to the functional elements of the system, i.e. Focusing on the end users

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Matt