Blooper 2005

What was your blooper in 2005? I’ll start with (one of) mine I washed and dried my mobile phone in the washing machine [:D] Now my daughter (2) has a “mobile” phone.

A couple of months ago, the night before I was flying to the US, had passport tickets, money in my shorts, ready to leave the next day, and my wife run them through the washer / dryer [Oops!] [B)]. Passport now has no visas, and was still wet when I got to passport control. (Tickets were etickets, so was able to reissue them [:)] Wierdest thing, there were no problems, and in the US the customs guy just said “yeah its normal, we get a few of those evry day”.

Uh. I’ve had some bloopers… Can’t remember them right now, but I know one: Looks a lot like Mark’s, left my mobile phone outside lying on a table during a shower… [:I]

Off topic, but since this seems to be a cell phone topic… Brother in law took my sister and I to dinner. During the meal his phone rang, and he answered it. Sister orders a fresh jug of water. When it arrives, asks husband if she can borrow his phone, takes it and drops it in the water.

I never used to do the following until this year, and now it seems to happen all the time: 1.) I park my car. 2.) I get out, shut the door and lock it. 3.) I walk away 4.) I discover that I trapped part of my coat in the car door… [B)] 5.) I quickly release the trapped coat, hoping no one has seen me. Neither the coat or car is new. [?]

On vacation with my wife and kids, I am in the swimming pool with the kids and I get water in my ear. So I climb out of the water and start hopping on one leg to get the water out, I lose track of where the pool is, and fall into the water. I guess it looked rehearsed, because especially my daughter did not believe it was an accident (“You did that on purpose!!!”), and of course my wife is laughing VERY hard, because she knows it was :). The rest of the week the kids were doing impressions of me (‘look I’m Daniel’ hop hop hop splash).

What about MBS-specific stuff: 1) Open a table that has unnecessary records; 2) Set some filters that identify these records; 3) Select All; 4) Delete: Are you sure? Yes; 5) View All; 6) View All…; 7) View All again, just in case…; 8) Painfully realize that somehow step 2) never happened. [Duh!] Humm, where is that backup again… [Oops!] What a classic!

Did a 1 on 1 training having eaten garlic pasta for lunch…[B)]

Ask Microsoft for technical support on Navision and expect a valuable answer !!!

quote:

What about MBS-specific stuff: 1) Open a table that has unnecessary records; 2) Set some filters that identify these records; 3) Select All; 4) Delete: Are you sure? Yes; 5) View All; 6) View All…; 7) View All again, just in case…; 8) Painfully realize that somehow step 2) never happened. [Duh!] Humm, where is that backup again… [Oops!] What a classic!
Originally posted by nelson - 2005 Dec 14 : 20:40:05

Indeed! I just did that a few days ago at my new workplace before the man whom I’ll be new boss! [:I] Anna

A few goofs of 2005 1 - Believing my implementation partner in februari when they said: "we are definately going live with Navision on the 1st. August 2005 2 - having faith in my implementation partner in august when they said: "we are positive we can go live on the 5th of september 2005 3 - Sort of trusting my implementation partner in september when they said: "The 05-09-2005 is just a bit too soon, we go live the 12th of september 2005 4 - Managing not to go beserk in october when my implementation partner said: “…need to resolve some problems, we will go live 2nd of januari 2006” 5 - Keeping myself from committing a federal offence in november when my implementation partner said: "we are having trouble with the costprice calculation and the user roll setup (among others) we will probably go live 1st of March 2006 6 - doing no serious physical harm to my implementation partner when, at the presentation of the new project timetable in december, he said “we can go live no sooner then may 2006” 7 - being able to write these sentences at the 15th of december still in business with the same partner… you may start laughing now! grrr.

quote:

A few goofs of 2005 1 - Believing my implementation partner in februari when they said: "we are definately going live with Navision on the 1st. August 2005 2 - having faith in my implementation partner in august when they said: "we are positive we can go live on the 5th of september 2005 3 - Sort of trusting my implementation partner in september when they said: "The 05-09-2005 is just a bit too soon, we go live the 12th of september 2005 4 - Managing not to go beserk in october when my implementation partner said: “…need to resolve some problems, we will go live 2nd of januari 2006” 5 - Keeping myself from committing a federal offence in november when my implementation partner said: "we are having trouble with the costprice calculation and the user roll setup (among others) we will probably go live 1st of March 2006 6 - doing no serious physical harm to my implementation partner when, at the presentation of the new project timetable in december, he said “we can go live no sooner then may 2006” 7 - being able to write these sentences at the 15th of december still in business with the same partner… you may start laughing now! grrr.
Originally posted by Alexwollenberg - 2005 Dec 15 : 12:25:11

Guess you have the wrong NL partner. [Oops!] Good luck on implementing…[Yeah!]

quote:

Guess you have the wrong NL partner. Good luck on implementing…

We have a German implementation partner. Our current ERP is German and they did its implementation 8 years ago as well. My company has German origins and we still have a German branch office. It does not make my work any easier since i have to learn Navision (and all affeliates) in both Dutch, English and German. gr. Alex.

Select all the Modified Objects, instead of “F11” pressed “F4” ! then you know the rest … [Oops!]