Bitmap transparency

Hi I like to make my own bitmaps for the buttons I add to my new forms. But there’s one thing I can’t figure out: ** This is the question: ** Which color should I choose for the bitmap background, to make Navision use the button color instead (that is: make the bitmap background transparent)? ** The problem has arised because users of my add-ons are using different Windows system colors, which are used by Navision for e.g. button face color. This causes the background of my bitmaps to be seen on some systems, making it look rather funny (ugly!). But when choosing the bitmaps supplied by Navision (within FIN.EXE), there is no problem, so: they use som kind of transparency!? thnx, Jens

Transparency in fin is very iinteresting thing ! Check this: 1. Make form and report with embeded navision “transparent” pic. 2. Run form, then report and again form. 3. Transparency IS CORRUPTED !!! But place this pic over image, it is transparent !!! So, I think that is emulation of transparency.

Have any one found out witch colour C/SIDE use for background transparent? e.g. bitmap background to get it transparent.

quote:

Originally posted by jensjep: Which color should I choose for the bitmap background, to make Navision use the button color instead (that is: make the bitmap background transparent)?

Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

Judging from the colours used in Navision’s bitmap resources, the transparent colour would be lime [which is a bright green, RGB(0,255,0)]. Can’t get it to work for non-embedded images, though. :frowning: Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands

I have got the answer that Alpha Color will be suported from version 3.10. Attain 3.10 will allso support XP Shell. I think earlyer version don’t use Alpha colour. I Think it use two bitmaps, one with mask information. Se for example internal picture 915 and 920. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com