Beginner Question - Ledger subform - Howto?

Hi, hope you don’t mind my second beginner question. I’ll try to keep questions like this to an absolute minimum. My problem: I can’t get a subform to behave like a ledger in Navision 3.56. I have two tables in this example. Table 50050 has the field - Customer (CODE20). Primary key is “Customer” Table 50051 has the fields - Customer (CODE20) - Line_no (BigInteger) - Comment (Code30) Primary key is “Customer,Line_no” I’ve created a subform for table 50051 where only comment is visible. I then created a form for 50050 where the customer number is visible and the subform 50051 with a delimitation on Customer of the main form. In the DOS based Navision I could use a table view “Ledger” that would automatically fill the BigInteger for every new line I enter. When I enter a new line in my subform, I get the error message that a line with the same identifiers (Customer 10, Line_No 0) already exists. Do I have to program the ledger functionality whenever I need it or is it hidden somewhere in the settings? I’d be thankful for any hint. Regards Martin Borus

There is a property against the subform which you can set called “AutoSplitkey”. I think this should sort out the problem. Regards, edd

Yep - if the dos version has this. In 3.60+ there’s also autoincrement in tables.

“AutoSplitkey” solved the problem. Thanks, Edd.