Batch Printing and Posting of Invoices

Can anyone please provide some “simple” instructions for one of my users as to how they can batch post and print invoices. I have attempted to explain it but seem to be failing [}:)]! Aidez-moi!! Rgds Mark

As far as I know they are two separate processes… Could that be your customers issue? Maybe they want a change to the batch post process so they can print while the batch post runs?

Broadly speaking I think that the particular user within my client is being difficult - this is the 76th query I have had from her (and I have only been dealing with them for three weeks!). She raises several invoices each day and would like to be able to print them all in one go and then post them all in one go. As I said earlier, I have tried (and failed) to explain this to her in a simple enough language for her to understand - much to everyones amusement (except mine). What I was hoping is that someone else has managed to explain the processes to someone in a simple (single syllable!!) language, so that I could basically steal the words and try to make my person understand. I am coming dangerously close to deciding that the best method of resolving her issues may be to shoot myself (or her, which is a far better proposition) Mark

For New Users I Found This To Be An Easy Way… I used MS Word to Type out the steps and Used PRINT SCREEN & Paste to provide screen captures so they could better visualize what they needed to do & what screens and/or buttons needed to be used. They can keep this at their desk to reference if needed. And after a bit of time it becomes old hat and is no longer necessary. But I always have it around in case a new person arrives.

why not : post batch (applying filters / setting options)(NON PRINT OPTION) then to posted invoices : on any invoice choose print, remove invoice number and apply filter 0 to “no.printed” filter. This will then print everything not yet printed.

quote:

Originally posted by madm
why not : post batch (applying filters / setting options)(NON PRINT OPTION) then to posted invoices : on any invoice choose print, remove invoice number and apply filter 0 to “no.printed” filter. This will then print everything not yet printed.

That’s what we do.

quote:

Originally posted by measpinall
… - much to everyones amusement (except mine)…

When you wrote you’ve had 76 queries in 3 weeks I laughed out loud! [:I] To others, I think making what you all are calling a simple change to the batch post code will cascade into dozens of other similar requests. In my experience petty requests from people like this have to be controlled. Otherwise he will never get to the important issues. I don’t want to sound like the Navision Nazi (ala Seinfeld’s “Soup Nazi”) but doing a batch print separate from a batch post is very easy and more importantly it’s already done and working. …But since Mark’s a consultant I suppose anything that’s billable is a good thing [;)]…

[;)] Absolutely!!