Bank Account creation in business Central with user access restrictions

Hello,
I have a client who has a rather ‘personal’ request. I do not understand his objective with this request. I would like to know if the request is possible is Business central before engaging him for further discussions.

The client wants a bank account set up. The account should only be accessed by a limited number of users in the system and it should also NOT be reflected on financial statements.

Can this be achieved in Business central?

Without more information, I’ll give a qualified “yes”, it is possible. Using Security Filters in the permission set against the bank account line should allow you to prevent users without the correct permission from seeing the bank account.

Whether users can see the balance in the financial statements depends on how the posting codes are setup. If the transactions are intended to show on the statements, you would almost need every transaction to debit and credit the bank account. You might also need to add security filters to the Bank Ledger and General Ledger Entry tables to prevent users from seeing those transactions. This could be a little tricky. More info would be helpful once you talk with the client.

Yes, it is possible to set up a bank account in Business Central that is only accessible to a limited number of users and is not reflected on financial statements.

To achieve this, you can set up a bank account in Business Central as you would normally do, but you will need to configure the security settings to limit access to the account to only the designated users. This can be done by creating a security role and assigning it to the specific users who need access to the account.

In addition, to ensure that the account is not reflected on financial statements, you can configure the account to be excluded from the financial reporting structure. This can be done by setting the account to “No” for the “Include in Financial Statements” field in the bank account setup.

It is important to note, however, that setting up an account in this way may have legal and regulatory implications depending on the jurisdiction and industry. It is recommended that you consult with legal and financial experts to ensure compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.

Ask him what he really wants to achieve, rather than what he thinks he needs