Balance sheet format Problem

Hi, I have a prospect who is looking for a specific functionality in navision. I don’t know if this is possible or not. In a Balacesheet format if the bank over draft account is +ve then report will automatically show under Assets if it is -ve then it should classify under Liability. Is this possible if yes how can we do that. More over If the same format is having yearly comparision. and 1st year it is -ve and second year is +ve then how to handle this situation. Best Regards Puspak

Hi Puspak, in general the reports that you may design/program in Navision are very flexible and a lot of functionality and specialties are possible - nevertheless it is always necessary to have a look at the benefits (and costs) of all the report work… 1) Balance Sheet you could add a new field “ve negative” (boolean) to the chart of accounts (G/L account, T15) that get’s ticked automatically when the balance of that account is negative. As it looks, this can’t be achieved using flowfields. In this case, in your report you need to run once through all the records of the chart of accounts table and update this field, and in a second step you print these records, ordering them by “ve negative, No.”) 2) Yearly Comparison this depends on how your customer wants to have this data shown. In this case it might be more convenient to work with a array variable (quite huge though) and to fill this array with this year’s data and last year’s data that needs to be printed. You then fill this array variable depending on how the customer wants to have his data sorted but basically he needs to define which year is the baseline for sorting, e.g. an option in the request form and you handle both cases (sorting by last year’s values, sorting by this year’s values). Saludos Nils

Dear Nil, Am sorry am not a developer.I will ask my developer to look into your procedure. But mean while I would like to know there is no work around solutions. Secondly the step one which you have mentioned can it be by adding the boolean field we can swap specific account codes between Asset and Liability in a Account schedule report. Best Rgds Puspak

Woould like to check in Navision world nobody has come across this kinda problem earlier. Or should I have posted in the Development forum for more members to have a look ? Best Rgds Puspak

Hi, me again…

quote:

But mean while I would like to know there is no work around solutions.

I can’t think of one, guess the only way is changing the report. But you could show them the account schedule funcionality that enables them to build their own G/L reports.

quote:

we can swap specific account codes between Asset and Liability in a Account schedule report.

Exactly, but as you mention this needs customizing the standard report.

quote:

Would like to check in Navision world nobody has come across this kinda problem earlier.

Usually clients want to receive their balance sheet in their very special way and it’s very common to change the standard report (include calculations, change accounts…).

quote:

Or should I have posted in the Development forum for more members to have a look ?

Don’t think so, usually I check “active topics” and it doesn’t matter which forum the post belongs to. And as it has been a rather functional question this forum is fine… it just turned out that the solution needs to be programmed. Saludos Nils Edited by - nilsm on 2002 May 24 18:26:03

To provide another opinion, I do not believe there is a method of doing what you describe using the internal Navision report tools, financial or otherwise, without programming. However, in V3.10, you could export your data to Excel (through the “Export Account Schedule to Excel” function) and accomplish what you want within Excel. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner