AxUtil utility to build models

Hi,

anyone is aware about the AxUtil utility?

I found the reference of it from axaptasource.com/…/, but i didnt find it on my computer.

I wanted to deploy my code change to the AX Test machine(testing env.). so, i think working with Model concept mentioned on above link can help me.

Can anyone tell me the place to find this utility.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh,

I believe the author in that blog is referring to functionalities introduced in Ax 6.0. This is not available in Ax 2009 yet; not sure whether it will be at all.

Best wishes,

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I completely agree with you comments.

Can you please suggest me some ways to deploy my code chagnes to our tese env. AX Client system as i mentioned in my original post.

Your help will greatly appreciated…

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh,

There are two ways you can deploy code to other environments - either by XPO or as a layer (.aod) file. Additionally you also have to consider deploying labels (.ald), configuration data etc.

Usually I introduce whole governance rules including code deployment. For example code deployment is closely tied to other aspects of project like functional specifications, test cases, configuration data, deployment of non-Ax artifacts etc. Of course bottom line is whether customer wants to go to such depth.

Best wishes,

Hi,

You mean that i only required to replace my “Ax< layer >.aod” and AxSYS< country >.ald files with the environment on which i am required to upload my code changes?

Is this so?

Thanks,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh,

Code deployment

Obviously deploying the AOD file will deploy complete codebase in that layer. For example deploying axvar.aod will deploy all code in VAR layer.

Alternatively by creating XPO, you choose which code you deploy.

Label deployment

Assuming base Ax in both environments are identical, you don’t need to deploy AxSYS*.ald labels.

You just deploy your label file. For example I create label file called DUG. And I use en-gb language. So I will just deploy ‘axDUGen-gb.ald’ file.

Best wishes,

The label file may not be Axsys.ald - Only the label files where your label are being stored.

after copying these files into the required environment - restart the ax service

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh,

After code and labels are deployed, I first backup index files (application object index - .aoi & label object index -.ali) and delete them. After this when we restart AOS, it will automatically rebuild the index files.

Best wishes,

Hi Harish,

Thanks for such a useful info. It will definately helpful to me.

Great.

Thanks,

/Ashlesh