Axapta server object not running

Hello. I installed server part of the Axapta on window 2000 server with sql server 2000, installation had no problme. after opening server manager from control panel, server object is stoped. when i click on start , sometimes Axapata server object startes running for seconed and then stops , what is wrong? PS. this is demo, and im trying to learn this program . I would greatly appreciate any info and link to tutorial on this products

Sorry, posted in the wrong section… if modirator can move this to right place , would greatly appreciate that . [:I]

Tony, check the eventlog from windows… can be multiple stuff. The eventlog (normaly) gives good informtaion about not starting AOS Pirmin

hi try running ur axapta system in two tier. then the client will be configured and u can then make it to run on three tier by configuration utility. if still facing same problem then let me know. Regards, Anuj/Amit

hi tony 1. Uninstall the current demo first. 2. instal your demo in two teir. 3. Run it 4. Now install the AOS 5. Got to Axapta configuration utility, and do the needful for getting axapta from AOS 6. In control panel go to AOS and through setting start and make it auto start. 7. Now Start Axapta in 3 teir mode. 8. it will work 9. if doesnt then post the steps you have done, here and the error if any. but it wil start cuase i did it in same way. regards vaibhav pednekar

Hi, Something is probably wrong with the connection to the database (ODBC not correct or something, or logged in at the wrong user, something like that). I would check ODBC and AOS-settings. If you want to know what is wrong, look in the Windows Event Viewer. You can find this from the Windows Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, choose Event Viewer. Start this and look in the folder Application log for events from the Axapta Object Server. The object server is also a service, which you can find under the control panel, services also.

quote:

Originally posted by tony_sar
Hello. I installed server part of the Axapta on window 2000 server with sql server 2000, installation had no problme. after opening server manager from control panel, server object is stoped. when i click on start , sometimes Axapata server object startes running for seconed and then stops , what is wrong? PS. this is demo, and im trying to learn this program . I would greatly appreciate any info and link to tutorial on this products

Thank you so much for the replys, before i try the suggestion, this are the steps i took to intall the AXAPTA. on NT server , i installed the server object, i chose integration into active directory ( i don’t see any entry in any active directory thou) i choosed SQLserver, database wizerd installed AXDB into sql with prameter that was entered. this was done very fast withought any error. from control panel i open Axapta server object . Server manager is running no problme. but Axapata server object is not. On client system i installed clinet in 3 tier mode and passed all the perama about server . ex: Object server “AXAPTA” SERVER "MY SERVER " database " AXDB " On server side , i can’t find any thing that would allow me creat user name and pass for Clients , i think thats because i chose NT client authantication. I will try the sugestion this forum , and will get back to you guys. Thanks again.

You have to enter your license key into Axapta first before your AOS will run. Of course, it will also be important that your license key allows you to run an AOS. Vinh Vu

On a second thought, what error does your event viewer return? If it’s something about how the AOS can’t perform certain upgrades, then it’s a license key issue. If the error has something to do with ODBC errors, and you have the AOS/Application on a seperate machine as the database, then it’s because the Axapta Object Server Service has to be logged under a Domain Controller. I don’t know why but that’s the way it is. Let us know if you solve it. Vinh

Hi, AOS shows this behavior when trying to run with an outdated ODBC driver. The Windows error log shows a message regarding a not found ODBC driver - this message doesn´t direct point you to the outdated ODBC drivers. Try to install MDAC 2.6 or higher an it should run fine. If you´re trying to connect an new installed application with the AOS an you haven´t connected in 2-tier mode before to finish installation the AOS will behave in a same way. But in this case you´ll receive a more clear Windows error log entry… Best Regards Martin…