Axapta comm connector issue?

Hi Guys,

New System Admin here.

I’ve inherited a fairly broken environment which I’m trying my best to fix up.

One of our main issue is our core finance app not talking to Axapta and our internal web servers properly.

The end result is we are constantly restarting our web servers and com connectors on those servers to resolve the issue.

Here is the error msg I am getting just before we lose functionality (from event viewer on one of the web servers):

An unhandled exception has occurred.
12/02/2015 12:48:57 PM
12/02/2015 2:18:57 AM
ec109abd625246dfa266d7bda44986bd
/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-130681620934565675
Full
/
D:\inetpub\wwwroot
webserver4

w3wp.exe
DOMAIN\adminaccount
COMException
Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028019
(TYPE_E_UNSUPFORMAT)) at AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaContainer.Peek(Int32 index) at
V2.Interface.Accounts.SalesInvoice.Post(Boolean Post, Boolean Printed, Boolean
ConsolidatedInvoice, String UserName, String Email, String Subject) in C:\source\vss
\V2.Interface\accounts\SalesInvoice.vb:line 902 at
V2.Business.Accounting.PackagingInvoicingAndSubmission.AccountsReceivablePackagingSub
missionProcess(DateTime QueryDate, DateTime ProcessingDate, Axapta2
AxaptaCOMConnector, V2DataList PackagingSubmissionIDProcessFilterList) in C:\source
\vss\V2.Business\Accounting\PackagingInvoicingAndSubmission.vb:line 5088 at
Finance_ReceivablePackagingSubmission.btnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean
includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
webserver4/…/ReceivablePackagingSubmission.aspx
/Finance/ReceivablePackagingSubmission.aspx
10.30.xxx.xxx

False

DOMAIN\adminaccount
DOMAIN\adminaccount
False
at AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaContainer.Peek(Int32 index) at
V2.Interface.Accounts.SalesInvoice.Post(Boolean Post, Boolean Printed, Boolean
ConsolidatedInvoice, String UserName, String Email, String Subject) in C:\source\vss
\V2.Interface\accounts\SalesInvoice.vb:line 902 at
V2.Business.Accounting.PackagingInvoicingAndSubmission.AccountsReceivablePackagingSub
missionProcess(DateTime QueryDate, DateTime ProcessingDate, Axapta2
AxaptaCOMConnector, V2DataList PackagingSubmissionIDProcessFilterList) in C:\source
\vss\V2.Business\Accounting\PackagingInvoicingAndSubmission.vb:line 5088 at
Finance_ReceivablePackagingSubmission.btnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean
includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Wow, that’s a really old piece of technology, deprecated already in AX 4.0, if I remember it correctly.

Do I understand correctly that the connector works all right unless it tries to call SalesInvoice.Post()? If it’s the case, it must be caused by something inside the Post() method.

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I’m really not sure. From my perspective Axapta just stops working and the only way to make it work again is to restart the Windows server that the comm connector runs on.

The error message I pasted in, is what the Windows server has in event viewer around the time the comm connector fails.

So it seems there might be something wrong in the coding inside SalesInvoice.Post?

This is what your error says:

Old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028019 
(TYPE_E_UNSUPFORMAT))
at AxaptaCOMConnector.IAxaptaContainer.Peek(Int32 index)
at V2.Interface.Accounts.SalesInvoice.Post(...)
in C:\source\vss\V2.Interface\accounts\SalesInvoice.vb:line 902

I can’t review nor debug your code, but you should get a developer that can. It’s unlikely that you’ll resolve the problem without understanding what your code does and why it fails. It looks like a problem with a container.

Thanks for your reply Martin.

So it’s fair to say there is some poor coding here?

The reason I ask is that the developer is pointing to the physical server environment (lack of RAM) as the cause of the issue but I need to know if poor coding is the real issue.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t call it poor coding straight away (even if it may be the case), but it indeed looks like problem with code execution. It doesn’t look like the lack of RAM at all.

I would recommend reviewing the code and if there is no obvious reason of the problem, then the code should be debugged to see why exactly it fails. We know the exact place in code, so if you’re able to reproduce the problem, it should be pretty easy to debug it.

You can fix it only if you know what’s wrong.

That’s great, thanks Martin.

I’ll take your advice and try what you’ve said!