Axapta 3.0/SP3 kernel update !

On February 7, 2006 MS released kernel update for Axapta 3.0 SP3. This update is meant to resolve horde of issues including - - Critical stop error occurs or Axapta crashes when a complex database query returns no result - While generating long reports at the same time from multiple clients connected to the same AOS instance - Axapta PDF report is printed inaccurately when page range is specified - Inconsistent caching occurs in multiclient environment - Also introduction of new registry settings for controlling connects to AOS when it is low on resources More info is available from Partnerguide. And please note that this kernel update is meant for Axapta 3.0 / SP 3 clients.

Is this the update that adds “optimistic concurrency check”?

Hi Harish! Is this the Kernel Rollup or a “standard” hotfix, e.g. xpo?

Hi Bojan - Optimistic concurrency checking was added to the kernel update released in January 2006. You can read more on this from Helmut’s blog - http://axaptafreak.blogspot.com/ Hi Helmut - I have not tried this yet. But the documentation says kernel rollup update so I guess it is indeed a kernel update. BTW, this leads to an interesting question - whether MS have really released another kernel update or am I really picking up the old kernel update released in January [?] Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Harish, I was waiting for the PDF fix you are talking about and cannot find anything on Partnersource. Last I heard from Microsoft support on Feb 16th was that the fix has still not been released.

Hi Kasmani, By any chance are you talking about Article ID - 898899. If so this is available from Partnerguide since October 2005. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

The PDF fixes I am looking forward to are with better support for unicode printing, higher resolution pictures (so you don’t get grainy pics on your printout) and embedding fonts (i.e. you don’t have to distribute new fonts to recipients of the pdf). From what I gather, it will probably be in the next rollup or hotfix release, some time in April.

Hi Harish, You wrote: “And please note that this kernel update is meant for Axapta 3.0 / SP 3 clients” What if you’re already using SP4? Regards, Johan