Axapta 3.0 problem?

I have installed a Demo Version of Axapta 3.0 on a Machine which doesn’t have either SQL Server or MSDE installed except the Client connectivity Tools for SQL. After successful installation, when I try to connect to the Application, I get an error Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Connection information was:userid = [bmssa],Database=[AXDB],Server=[(local)],DSN=[Local Server],Other=[]". Retried with uninstalling & installing again but with no solution. Checked for any entries in registry related to MSDE or Axapta related and deleted but still no solution. Can anybody help with the above problem?

hi Mohammad if u want to work it around with only connectivity tools then create a database in your Sql Server, then create a DSN & configure it in the Axapta Configuration Utility. It is recomended that u install the MSDE on the Client m/c for DEMO version , cuz it has the database & the application is complied & synchronized. If u create new Database u have to repeat this steps of Compling & Synchronizing & it taks lot of time. So install MSDE first Then the Demo version if possible for u it creates the Database & the DSN - LocalServer for you. wish u all the best with regards vaibhav pednekar

Thanks Vaibhav. Actually I don’t have “SQL Server” installed on my machine, only “SQL Client Connectivity Tools”(You can select only this using SQL Server Installation CD). I don’t have MSDE installed, when I tried to install it either using “Demo” option or individually by locating folder & running, after installation starts, half-way its rolled-back. I think the problem is that MSDE couldn’t be installed on my machine. Also the DSN isn’t created. Reading the Installation instructions, I found that if MSDE already exists,an error message will be displayed and installation stops but here there’s no error message only automatic skipping(roll-back) of MSDE installation and continuation of remaining installation.

hi do u have SQL client tools for SQL Server 2000 if yes then do one thing, uninstall the client tools, then go to registry, find the Microsoft SqlServer key, delete it … warning before doing this export ur registery to different system or logical drive, restart the machine & then install the MSDE – this is SQL Server 2000 Destop Engine. Once installed run Axapta & then install ur Sql Client Tools. Please do let me know if it was successfull or what problems did u face with best regards vaibhav

Installation successful. 1.Removed all SQL related components(Tools) 2.Removed all SQL related entries from Registry 3.Installed Ax 3.0 Demo Version - MSDE & Application Installed successfully. Thanks.

u r always welcome with reagrds vaibhav