Ax32Serv.exe terminating when attempting to print PDF (to file)

Hi there,

Please help, I’m losing hair over this one!

When a user attempts to print a report to file in PDF format, the Axapta Object Server service terminates unexpectedly. This only terminates the service when a particular user prints to file (PDF), but crashes Axapta for everyone. Other users can print to file no problems.

The following results are recorded as Ax32Serv.exe terminates; these errors are produced every time the above scenario is followed:Prior to the service terminating, this error message logged in eventvwr:Object Server 01: RPC error: RPC exception 3765269347 occurred in session 33The next error description is when AX terminates:Faulting application Ax32Serv.exe, version 4.0.2163.0, faulting module Ax32Serv.exe, version 4.0.2163.0, fault address 0x00332af8.Followed byObject Server 01: Failed to create file old\axapd.aoi. Error code was 3

Hello David,

What is the OS your AOS sitting on? If Windows Server 2003, have you installed the RPC bug fix? From your message it looks like this fix might be missing. For more info please refer here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913184

Hope this helps,

Hi Harish, thanks for the response.

Yes, I am running AOS on Windows Server 2003, with SP1. I checked the bug fix DLL version on my server and it is the same version as is the bug fix at Microsoft.com.

I have a test environment running Windows 2003 Service Pack 2, and cannot replicate the problem using a different user. However when logged in as the problem user, running a small report which usually takes 2 seconds basically hangs the program. It gets’ to the point of where to save my pdf and then hangs ( i terminated it after 5 mins).

Perhaps Service Pack 2 handles the error better, in the way that it does not terminate the AOS Service all together. This would certainly be an improvement, but it is still not a solution. The Event 180 error message: " Object Server 01: RPC error: RPC exception 3765269347 occurred in session 33 " Is still occuring even on my test server, even with Service Pack 2. But the error messages I could not reproduce on my test server were the Faulting application Ax32Serv.exe, version 4.0.2163.0, faulting module Ax32Serv.exe, version 4.0.2163.0, fault address 0x00332af8. Followed byObject Server 01: Failed to create file old\axapd.aoi. Error code was 3 errors - this is why I believe a patch in Service Pack 2 handles the error better (doesn’t crash the AOS service).

It is interesting to note, that from the problem computer I can ‘runas’ a different user and not reproduce the problem. When the problem user logs into a different machine, the problem could not be replicated either. It is somehow tied in with just that problem user on just that problem computer.

I’m sure a rebuild will fix this problem, but to think that this problem could somehow affect the Citrix server farm? This would bring huge implications, therefore I would really like to get to the bottom of this one!

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Hi,

Dynamics AX has some “Problems” when printing something to a PDF file in a Terminalservices or Citrix environment.

On PartnerSource you can find a article to solve this.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/resources/support/selfsupport/hottopics/axapta/AOSCrashTSPrinting.htm

I’m still new at AX, so you may have tried this already… You said the problem doesn’t follow the user to a different computer and other users can use that computer with no problems? Sounds like a pc user profile issue… Is 4.0 similar to 3.0 in that there are user/machine specific files (.aoc files in 3.0) that can be deleted?

I am unsure where these files would exist. It is almost certainly specific to that user profile on that computer. But I can’t find where the problem is. I’m going to try and change settings on how the reports are created, globally and specifically for each report. Currently they are set to Arial 9pt. I will set them to BLANK (Standard) and see how this goes.