AX2012 - 4th month after Go Live - Ontario, Canada

My name is Brian Bettridge, and I am the Supervisor of Production Planning and Inventory Control at Hammond Power Solutions for the Southgate facility in Guelph, ON. I am also the Manufacturing core team lead for our recent AX2012 Phase 1 implementation.

I’ve been working as a core team lead with AX2012 since Nov 2011. During this Phase 1 implementation, I have been responsible for developing, testing, training, and setting up Production Planning, Scheduling, and Shop Floor control for 6 of our manufacturing facilities in Canada, USA, and Mexico. Each site varies is complexity, with some sites taking full advantage of the use of Resource Group/Capability for complex routes, resource driven BOM consumption, etc. Go live for all sites and satellite warehouses was Aug 24 2013.

I look forward to interacting with other users and experts on within the forums to gain better understanding of some of AX’s capabilities and limitations, and I also look forward to sharing my experience as well.

Cheers!

Hi Brian,

I am Kathy from Karya Technologies.

AX 2012 is a great and powerful ERP for manufacturing industry. We can help you in Support & Maintenance, Customization, Dynamics AX on Mobile.

About us: We based out of Blue Bell, PA and have a good Microsoft Dynamics Development and Support center in Chennai, India. With an effective 24/7 Onsite Offshore Model and experience gained from numerous global clientele, we can effectively Implement/Upgrade, Customize and Support your Microsoft Dynamics System. Being a full fledged Microsoft shop we can help you enhance your true value of Dynamics along with other Microsoft products such as MS BI, SharePoint, Biz Talk and .Net Development platform.

Also peak at our website www.karyatech.com

Regards,

Kalpana Devi
Phone (USA): +1 (215) 583 4703
Email: kalpanadevib@karyatech.com

Hi Brian,

I am Kalpana from Karya Technologies.

AX 2012 is a great and powerful ERP for manufacturing industry. We can help you in Support & Maintenance, Customization, Dynamics AX on Mobile.

About us: We based out of Blue Bell, PA and have a good Microsoft Dynamics Development and Support center in Chennai, India. With an effective 24/7 Onsite Offshore Model and experience gained from numerous global clientele, we can effectively Implement/Upgrade, Customize and Support your Microsoft Dynamics System. Being a full fledged Microsoft shop we can help you enhance your true value of Dynamics along with other Microsoft products such as MS BI, SharePoint, Biz Talk and .Net Development platform.

Also peak at our website www.karyatech.com

Regards,

Kalpana Devi
Phone (USA): +1 (215) 583 4703
Email: kalpanadevib@karyatech.com

Hi Brian

I am not from Karya Technologies [:D]

I welcome you and would like to say that I am sure these two posts are in no way connected to trying to take you away from your current partner , but I also note that you have not logged on in four months since you posted this. I hope the roll out is going well and that you are heading towards a successful go-live!

Thx AdamRoue,

Go-live was in late August, the last nine months have been challenging with so many improvements being made on a continuous basis, but the dust did start settling around December timeframe.

We’ve challenged our partner to the limit of the software’s capabilities and have thrown back a number of issues up the chain to Microsoft as clear software issues/limitations. It is clear that this software was “morphed” into a discreet manufacturing capable system as there were so many shortfalls in the financial accounting aspect…a lot of customization was required. The production planning/MRP/scheduling portion I’ve been able to use pretty much vanilla, but the dastardly “Accept Error” flag on Report As Finished continues to plague us and no clear indicator in sight that we’ll be able to remove it.

We’ve had significant performance and parameter issues with Mfg Execution/SFDC but some strides have been made there as well…still a highly inefficient reporting interface.

RMA handling continues to be a tremendous nightmare, we have some viciously time-consuming work arounds but I’ve had to hire extra bodies just to keep the transactions moving.

All in all, the production horsepower is pretty cool, we’re into using capabilities/job scheduling quite extensively with a mix of finite/infinite resources and complex routes, including some operations calling for multiple resources. Still learning in regards to scheduling in work within the capacity confines…not very flexible there, but we’re playing with it. Lots of bugs posting through MES that cause duplicated pick list/net requirements/open job journals etc but we’ve developed reports and processes to nip them daily. Just working now on fine-tuning resource capacity/calendar setups, calendar efficiencies, etc and will be doing a capability re-vamp on some areas as some product is being ill-directed. Most frustrating thing with capabilities is “Level”. Why no minimum, just maximum? arrrrrrgggghhhh

Thx for the note and the introduction,

DoubleB