AX2009 with PI - How to fix "could not delete a weighted average inventory closing transactions on item"

Dear all,

I’m using ax 2009 SP1 with Process Industries. I’m using weighted average as my inventory model group. Yesterday, we did closing cancellation. Cancellation left with log said that I could not delete a weighted average inventory closing transactions on item on[date]". I’ve been googling and some suggest that I must apply SP1 RU3. My questions :

1. I’ve done cancellation and left with some items successfully cancelled and some items not. If I apply SP1 RU3 in this kind situation, will hotfix RU3 automatically fix my data?
  2. If number 1 answer is “no”, then what should I do to delete those “cannot be deleted item” so that I have data as if successfully closing cancellation for all items?
  3. When we do close procedure, does AX do something related to our sub ledger?
  4. Before my team deploy AX, SP1 RU7 with update BUS layer Process Industry haven’t be released. We have ever try to apply RU6 but end up with many conflicts and error, so we decide not to apply RU6 because we think it is not compatible. When we try to apply SP1 RU7 with update BUS layer Process Industry also result the same thing. Some suggest apply RU7 first, then update for BUS layer process industry. Am I taking the right step to update? To be more detailed, my kernel version : 5.0.1500.02. my application version : 5.0.1500.809/PMF050131. We also done some customization upon those kernel and application version. I guess we need to move out to RU 7 so we need your help.

That’s it for now. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jefry

Hi, sorry, I have an additional question.

I have end up with some items successfully cancelled and some items not. What will be happening or is it recommended if we re-do close procedure? if it’s ok to re-do close procedure, what will be happening to items which already have weighted average inventory closing transaction?

Thanks

Hi Jefry,

Have you find out the answer for your questions.Because I also concern as your question.

Thanks for your feedback

Hi Anh Mai,

actually I dare not recommend what i’ve done before, so you may take it at your own risk. =)

First I checked all settlement created in close procedure make sure if it is rolled back correctly. In my case, there’s no ledger differences, so I proceed to second step.

Second, I manually delete remaining inventtrans.

Jefry

Hi Jefry,

Thank you for your answer.

I’m trying to do on my test env.

Anh Mai