AX 2012 suggest supplier purchase requisition

Suggest supplier on purchase requisitions how does this function works?

I have tried it but I can’t apply the suggested vendor to the purchase requisition line.

Is this some kind of workflow issue?

So that the person that gets to approve the requistion can choose the suggested supplier?

yeah, the requester can not select the supplier. Only the person who has to approve the requisition can choose the supplier. So, you just try with that user from whom the PR is waiting for approval. You will be able to see the suppliers list in the Vendor field lookup in the Purchase line.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Hi, Ok

But as a preparer I can choose supplier.

I tried to create a purchase req. with only category and submit it into the workflow and then when I got it for approval. The suggested vendor wasn’t on the line and when I clicked the look up all suppliers came up. So I don’t think it works as it should.

Regards Johan

As a preparer you can not choose the supplier as per AX2012 functionality.

I assume the “suggested vendor” which you are talking is the vendor that you attached for the specific product in the “Release product details”. if that is the case, it will not be defaulted in the purchase requisition. It’ purely reviewer choice to choose the supplier.

Hi,

The suggest vendor I’m talking about is when you either click purchase requisition lines>suggest supplier. Or when you click add item on the purchase requistion and then choose non-catalogue items and there clicks suggest supplier. You then get the option to choose supplier that already are suppliers existing in your company or suggest proposal suppliers.

When I have tried this, nothing happens and I’m not sure what should be happening.

I believe it has something to do with the workflow.

Hi,

The suggest vendor I’m talking about is when you either click purchase requisition lines>suggest supplier. Or when you click add item on the purchase requistion and then choose non-catalogue items and there clicks suggest supplier. You then get the option to choose supplier that already are suppliers existing in your company or suggest proposal suppliers.

When I have tried this, nothing happens and I’m not sure what should be happening.

I believe it has something to do with the workflow.

Hi Santosh ,

I have the couple of questions .

a) I have created the new product and product category , against the product category assigned the item code, vendor code also. Apart from this in the item master also i have assigned the 3 vendors as approved vendors against the item code.

Even though that vendor codes are coming blank in the Purchase requistion line for the same item . Can i know what would be the problem ?

b) Assume that in my scenario Creator and appover is same , in that case how the creator will choose the supplier ?