AX 2012 Purchase order - Receive now- is not editable once Workflow is completed

Hi,

In AX 2012, i have a workflow on PO. Once the workflow approval is completed and later when the goods arrived, i need to do a partial receipt. I tried to put the partial receipt qty in RECEIVE NOW field, but it is uneditable. If i need to edit it, the EDIT button is not enabled, the only button i could click is REQUEST CHANGE. Once i click REQUEST CHANGE, the EDIT button is active and i could edit the Receive now field.

But the problem is I CANNOT CONFIRM THE PO.

If i need to confirm the PO, then i have to submit it to workflow.

If we think from a business perspective, then it is not a best practise.

Any advise.

Hi,

If the PO is confirmed by workflow, any modification in the order is not possible. You have to come again with the approval flow for any request change. If your problem is only making a partial receipt for an item, then you can directly go with “Prodcut receipt” screen and enter the quantity which you receive in the “update” field and post it. And if there are multiple order lines, then you can keep only the receiving items line and post the product receipt. Others lines need to be removed by “Delete” option avaliable in the product receipt.

Regards,

Lixin

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried as you mentioned.

Created a PO. for an item (qty 10)

Completed the workflow approval

Confirmed the PO

Product Receipt–input the Product receipt number–LINE DETAILS tab—UPDATE field typed 7

While posting it gives error

"Under delivery is 30 percent but allowed under delivery is only 0.00 percent.

Thanx

Hi,

In AX 2012, you have to go to “Lines” tab and enter the receiving quantity in “Quantity” field. There is nothing to do with line details tab.

Regards,

Lixin

Hi,

If you have AX 2012 R2, you can setup a purchase policy that controls which changes requires re-approvals. For example you can setup a policy that where changing the warehouse does not require re-approval but changing the unit price does. This was a major drawback of the purchase order change management and was addressed with R2. Now if we could only control the activation and make it work with master planning created orders, we would be set.

Hi Max ,

Can you show the me path of the above mentioned functionality or if you have any manual related to the above functionality share the manual.

Hi,

go to procurement and sourcing / setup / purchasing policy. Open an existing policy or create a new one. Go to policy rule and you will see a new type called "re-approval rule for purchase orders. You must have AX 2012 R2 for this.

You might be able to find something on Technet about it.